3 months ago
Posting Open Date: 04/12/2018
Posting Close Date: 04/26/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
WestJet (TSX: WJA) is an iconic Canadian brand. The country’s 2nd largest airline is continually recognized as one of the top employers in the country and one of Canada’s most admired corporate cultures.
Founded in Calgary, Canada in 1996 as a regional, low-cost carrier with three aircraft and 220 employees, WestJet has experienced momentous growth. Today, WestJet is a thriving international airline operated by 12,000 employees, collectively known as WestJetters. Through scheduled flights across an expanding network, WestJet also operates WestJet Vacations, providing air, hotel, car and excursion packages, and WestJet Encore, a regional airline operating in Canada and the United States. WestJet continues to grow into new territory, and open access to new markets (i.e. Asia) with the recent orders of Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft.
The key objectives of the Senior Analyst, Network Planning include:
* Developing and implementing WestJet’s seasonal route networks, including identifying new destinations, frequency adjustments and time changes in existing markets, and studying overall economic and strategic impact of changes to WestJet’s network of flights;
* Developing and presenting complex financial and strategic analysis to support executive and board level decisions on major strategic initiatives and tactical initiatives;
* Playing an integral role in the development and management of WestJet’s flight network, fleet, and partnership plans and strategies;
* Developing high-impact presentations and plans for senior level executives;
* Improving efficiency through automating processes, and improving data management and output;
* Evaluate, calibrate, and maintain QSI based network planning model;
* Developing a deep understanding and staying current with industry trends, changes and the competitive landscape;
* Establishing and maintaining relationships with both internal stakeholders, external vendors and partners to obtain information and complete analysis;
* Overall, this role blends strategic analysis, business intuition, creative thinking and project leadership to implement WestJet’s seasonal schedules and support inter-departmental projects; the role also provides support to various other commercial and operational teams within WestJet and requires strong collaboration and leadership skills.
* Degree in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, or finance is required;
* 5+ years of relevant work experience in airline planning, airline scheduling, or revenue management is highly desirable;
* Understanding of supply, demand, airline economics and/or commodity analytics;
* Knowledge of modeling / forecasting methodology and systems;
* Knowledge of business intelligence functions, including, but not limited to analytics, data mining, reporting, report conversion, data cleansing and developing databases is considered an asset;
* Competent in visualization techniques, dashboard design and decision support tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Cognos, etc.;
* Must be detailed and driven with the ability to process information quickly while understanding the overriding goals;
* Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate information that tells a story, highlights key insights and influences business decisions;
* Expert level MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
* Exposure to airline network planning tools is an asset.
Demonstrated skills and accomplishments:
* Proven skills in developing complex analysis on major strategic initiatives where errors in logic, judgment, and/or math are extremely costly and very difficult to reverse;
* Proven ability to conduct detailed financial and strategic analysis, drawing out implications and recommendations;
* Proven track record of synthesizing qualitative and quantitative analyses into clear, concise and insightful reports and presentation materials. Moreover, demonstrated ability of presentation skills;
* Demonstrated advanced data management skills by taking large amounts of data and summarizing into a report or a dashboard for easy interpretation;
* Strong commercial acumen with the ability to think big picture and understand what potential outcomes could be.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.