7 months ago
Senior Analyst, Airline Systems
The incumbent is responsible to analyze the business requirements to provide solutions and/or system modifications in line with the actual and future needs of the client. Furthermore, the incumbent will need to interact with the different teams, during the conception and creation of those solutions.
Main responsibilities associated with the analysis and elaboration of the solution
* Analyze and document the business rules and the requirements for an improvement, or a new functionality, mainly for the users and the systems used by the In-Flight and Commissary department;
* Guide the users in expressing their business needs;
* Propose solutions and validate them with the team;
* Estimate the time required to implement a solution;
* Produce an action plan with all the steps to implement the proposed solution (configuration to do, setting parameters, steps to follow);
* Write the necessary documentation to explain the requirements for an improvement or a new functionality:
* Functional analysis;
* Data flow diagram;
* Communicate the requirements to the system provider.
Main responsibilities associated with software quality control
* Build and document the functional testing and UAT (User Acceptance Test) strategy, including the system and data needed;
* Write test scenarios when needed and lead the quality team in the completion of those tests;
* Write UAT test scenarios in collaboration with the super user;
* Produce the calendar for the UAT;
* Work closely with the system providers to ensure the delivery quality, in the agreed timeframe.
Main responsibilities associated with the deployment of new software versions
* Coordinate from beginning to end, the activities required for the production release, including installations in various environments, functional tests, non-regression tests, until the start of the production (in operational mode, for a new routine version of software);
* Participate in the documentation of the plan and the strategy for the implementation in production;
* Cover level 3 supports for the production systems and participate at the stabilization of the application after a deployment;
* Act as a subject matter expert (SME) with the different IT support teams for the problem troubleshooting and to answer any user questions for the applications in production;
* Write user guides and all required documentation for the transition to the IT customer service;
* Ensure a proper knowledge transfer to the support team, the quality team and the users (training).
Main responsibilities associated with 3rd level support of business systems
* Meet, advise and assist the expert users and the users with requests, to provide the technical support and the training needed for an optimal use of the business systems, hardware and software;
* Review the system performance, IT configurations and propose the required solutions;
* Prepare, write and gather the documentation related to the technical and operational aspects of deployed solutions;
* Provide support to ProntoForm and Colligo Engage mobile applications super users;
* Work closely with the office technicians and the in-flight service concerning the support of the iPad used by the flight directors.
* Bachelor or College Degree in Information Technology;
* Advanced knowledge in analysis (well know methodology);
* Excellent customer service skills;
* At least 5 years of experience in Information Technology, with at least 1 year experience an IT Analyst;
* Bilingual; Master French and English, spoken and in writing;
* Experience in managing software providers;
* Experience in formulation and optimization of SQL queries;
* Knowledge of the airline industry, an asset.
Location : Air Transat Head Office / Ville Saint-Laurent
Type of Work : Permanent, full time
Job category : Information technology
Business segment : Head office
Business unit : Transat A.T. inc.
Job # : AT-18-078
End date of posting : 2018-03-13