6 months ago
Requisition ID: 7871
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Administrative Assistant to join our team in Decorah, IA (1020). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Provides administrative support to relieve executive, administrative and management of administrative duties. Also requires high confidentiality due to access or proximity to sensitive information.
* Supports one or more individuals, but normally works in a confidential and highly responsive relationship with management at a more senior level of responsibility and discretion (Manager).
* Types and assembles data (i.e. tables, charts, reports, and memorandums) from verbal or written instruction; applies basic knowledge of equipment capabilities to plan details of formatting, spacing and page lay out.
* Proofreads typed data ensuring proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar usage; may perform minor document revisions to ensure clarity.
* Composes letters, memorandums, and recurring reports without dictation, for appropriate signatures.
* Compiles data from numerous sources and produces summary reports as required under general direction. May involve mathematical calculations and tabulations in accordance with established methods.
* Establishes, maintains and revises departmental files and readily identifiable control files for matters in progress.
* Receives and prioritizes telephone calls, business visitors, and incoming mail; routes mail and inquiries to proper personnel.
* Interfaces with departmental personnel concerning routine reporting and exchange of information requiring minimal interpretation to proper personnel.
* Maintain calendars, schedule appointments, arrange departmental meetings/conferences, and attend meetings to take notes.
* Transcribes recorded dictation for memorandums, correspondence, and reports as required.
* Coordinate travel for departmental personnel.
* May track and maintain departmental budgets and assist management in determining budget requirements.
* May prepare materials for departmental meetings.
* Interfaces with personnel from numerous Rockwell departments and possible external contacts to exchange information requiring limited interpretation or discussion.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
* Prior administrative experience is preferred but not requred
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.