about 1 year ago
Role and Responsibilities
- Support to Headquarters Air Force (HAF) budget preparation and defense, SAE oversight and decision-making activities, PEO program execution and oversight efforts of aircraft platforms, - Maintain and analyze planning, scheduling, and management data.
- Study, analyze, and provide recommendations on requirements, acquisition strategies, program documentation, program phase transition plans, supplemental information, and program execution.
- Provide Honest Broker assessments of programs approaching milestone decisions and of prime contractor technical and operational issues.
- Research and analyze program trends, identify issues, and recommend solutions.
- Update and analyze program documents (such as Issue Books, Fact Sheets, PMDs, Selected Acquisition Reports [SARs], etc.).
- Make recommendations on the allocation of funding, establishment of program goals, objectives, and schedules, and the formulation of program direction.
- Track for compliance with stated program direction and identify issues.
- Identify changes in program direction and assess impacts.
- Identify and research programmatic issues and tradeoffs in terms of required capabilities, costs, and schedules.
- Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of acquisition management changes directed on AF acquisition programs.
- Monitor Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Air Force, and other Service’s activities and assess their impact on AF acquisition programs.
- Maintain historical Air Force weapon program documentation and develop summary documents/briefings and training material.
- Provide short notice, quick-reaction analyses of critical programmatic issues in the context of Congressional, OSD Staff, Joint Staff, HQ USAF, Major Air Command (MAJCOM), North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), coalition, or bi-lateral activities.
- Review PPBE documentation and Program Management Directives (PMD) to ensure they accurately articulate the current program.
- Support the HAF review process - Air Force Requirements Oversight Council (AFROCs), Joint Warfighting Capabilities Assessment (JWCAs), Defense Acquisition Boards (DABs), Congressional cycle, Acquisition Strategy Panels (ASPs), Air Force Review Board (AFRBs), Configuration Steering Board (CSB), Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports, etc.
- Support the Secretariat function for ASPs, AFRBs, and CSBs.
- Review and document Mandatory Declassification Review (MDR) and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
- Support program-specific strategy development, analysis, and planning for all phases of a program’s life cycle (such as phase transitions from technology development), through system development, production, fielding, modification, and sustainment.
Education/Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: A relevant Master’s Degree and appropriate DAWIA II or III or equivalent certification is required. Ten years of relevant acquisition or operational experience in government or industry is required.
Applicants with applicable experience may be eligible for waivers on education and certification requirements.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.