3 months ago
The Boeing Company seeks a self-motivated professional accountant to join the Corporate Accounting Team. Responsibilities include support of the monthly financial close process, including preparation of journal entries, financial analysis, and preparation of the Corporate financial statements.
• Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules by gathering, analyzing and summarizing account information
• Review and analyze accounting source documents and relevant accounting standards to ensure transactions are appropriately documented and accounted for
• Develop and prepare internal and external financial reports
• Participate in special projects and other technical accounting matters as they arise
• Prepare whitepapers addressing the accounting for technical/complex transactions or issues. Technical accounting areas could include incentive and stock compensation, derivatives, pensions, insurance accounting, debt and investments, among others
• Monitor and evaluate the impact of proposed accounting rule changes, assist in the interpretation and implementation of accounting policies
• Work with operating units, SEC/consolidations, treasury, financial planning, tax and legal departments
• Understand enterprise systems and identify and resolve system issues. Participate in the development and deployment of new accounting systems and tools, including the review of new internal controls and processes
• Ensure continued compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act
• Assist in preparing and providing support to both internal and external auditors
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Basic Required Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
* More than 3 years accounting experience
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
* CPA strongly preferred
* Minimum 3-5 years of related work experience in industry or at a public accounting firm
* Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
* Excellent problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
* Peoplesoft and Cognos experience a plus.
Typical education and experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Contingent Upon Program Award