about 1 year ago
Summary of Job Purpose:
* - The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing the day-to-day functions
* - The Senior Accountant must have experience with the running the full month end close, bank reconciliations and inventory. You will work closely with the Controller.
* - The Senior Accountant knows perfectly GreatPlains, our current Finance Software and has manufacturing experience. Great excel skills is a requirement. He will control the flow of transactions with the Shared Service Center (SSC) for the AP, AR, and Cash transactions
* - The ideal Senior Accountant candidate will have a minimum of a BA/BS in accounting or finance from an accredited school. CPA is always welcome. The Senior Accountant should have at least 4+ years of experience.
* - The Senior Accountant should have great communications skills. The Senior Accountant will be interacting with high level internal employees. You must be able to effectively collaborate with individuals both inside and outside the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* - Prepare all Journal entries (payroll entries, Inventory entries, month-end entries,…) and book them in GreatPlains
* - Reconcile all B/S accounts, preferably daily
* - Prepare the internal invoices for the second site (CA) of the company
* - Conduct weekly meeting with SSC to review the aging and action to resolve disputes
* - Review the Weekly Payment Batches generated by the Shared Service Center
* - Ensure Cash is properly reconciled
* - Generate/Process all intercompany invoicing
* - Prepare all Tax Reports
* - Fixed assets: set up new Fixed Assets, control the depreciation entries
* - Accounts payable: review and follow up actions W3M items
* - Perform Analysis of financial results
* - Create all new vendors records
* - Solid Experience with GreatPlains
* - Strong familiarity with bank reconciliations
* - Command of month end closings
* - 4+ years of overall general accounting experience,
* - Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
* - Experience in SOX control execution/documentation
* - Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
* - High attention to detail and possess excellent organizational and writing skills
* - Sound written and verbal communication skills
* - Dedication and necessary skills to meet critical business deadlines
* - BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
* - Excellent analytical, quantitative and social skills
* - Skilled at time management
* - Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
* - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
* - No relocation is provided for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius will be considered.
Physical Requirements :
* - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
* - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
* - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of accounting principles
Knowledge of tax and legal principles
Ensure integrity and quality of accounting data
Ensure strong internal control
Understanding of financial information
Ability to handle IT and paper information
IT skills: office tools and accounting software GreatPlains
Leadership skills / Management skills / Personal skills
Communication (internal and external with suppliers)
Accuracy and rigor, detail-oriented
Ability to analyze and synthesize
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.