about 1 year ago
What does a SEM Specialist do for Allegiant?
The Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Specialist plays an integral role in supporting the management, execution and reporting of the Allegiant search engine marketing channel. Reporting to the Manager of Advertising, this subject matter expert will oversee day-to-day
campaign management and analysis of the Allegiant’s SEM program including keyword & ad optimization, bidding, targeting, and performance reporting.
The SEM Specialist will provide cross-functional support inside and outside of the organization to meet department goals of improved efficiency and revenue growth. This position is best suited for a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
with a good understanding of digital media and a strong desire for continuous testing and optimization. Strong project management and organizational skills are a must.
The SEM Specialist will be required to work with Allegiant team members as well as partner organization representatives and agency representation. In many case, position will be required to work with discretion.
What are some of the daily duties of a SEM Specialist?
* Plan, manage and execute day-to-day search engine marketing campaigns across the enterprise including keyword research, budget management, bid strategy, ad copy creation and landing page optimization
* Monitor and report on SEM news/trends and competitive sets to identify new opportunities
* Use web analytics and bid management tools to create performance reports and decks
* Assist with strategy planning and process workflow to improve channel efficiency and meet goals
* Monitor branded campaign auction insights as a part of on-going trademark compliance control
* Responsible for weekly enterprise budget pacing and monthly accruals
* Implement ongoing SEM testing for conversion rate and user experience optimization Maintain consistent & accurate files on all correspondence & data, including project budgets
* Maintain tracking & accountability for SEM programs
* Assist with creative implementation/new initiative planning
* Support and assist marketing research programs on behalf of the company, including internal efforts, one-off events and long-term tracking
* Other duties as assigned
What are the minimum requirements to be a SEM Specialist?
* 1+ years of experience in paid search advertising (PPC) or search engine optimization (SEO)
* B.A./B.S degree preferred
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a SEM Specialist?
* Proficiency in Google Adwords & Analytics, Bing Ads, and MS Office.
* Adwords/Google Analytics certification preferred.
* Passionate understanding of search engine developments and proven analytical ability with applied learning
* Critical thinking and problem solving enthusiast with an immense attention to detail
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet assigned deadlines as required
* Ability to adapt to new circumstances by understanding the changes and supporting management
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Actively participate in special project assignments and team building activities
* Must be a team player in a professional environment
· Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
· Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
What are the physical requirements of a SEM Specialist?
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Allegiant is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate against qualified applicants or Team Members with respect to any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation,
age, religion, creed, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Allegiant supports a healthy, non-smoking work environment.