2 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Security Automation Engineer- Operations
Reporting to the Manager, CyberSecurity Development and Technology, the Security Automation Engineer will collaborate closely with our Cloud DevOps Engineering team to set the vision, strategy, and plan for WestJet to harness the power of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS to drive innovation. Utilizing strong analytical and conceptual skills to clearly understand WestJet’s business the candidate will link the strategic and business objectives with industry best practices, to secure workloads without stifling agility and innovation. In this role, the candidate will collaborate with stakeholders across the technology, Digital, and line of business stakeholders.
* Leverage a strong understanding of the rapidly evolving landscape of development and workload migrations to SaaS, and PaaS to advise business and technology stakeholders how to do so in a secure manner
* Design and implement operational tools and processes to continuously improve the security of WestJet’s infrastructure
* Design scalable, modular security automation to enable security operations without exposing WestJet systems or data to unacceptable levels of risk
* Implement a highly automated approach to deliver our key security management processes by exploiting investment in existing tooling and/or identify new tooling
* Provide data gathering, analysis and reports to support decision making and the implementation of business improvement initiatives
* Coordinate with operations teams to increase the security, stability and reliability of applications
* Work with Teams to capture use cases for technology integration, technology assessment, and control validation to build continuous security
* Develop continuous security management capabilities to support both Security-as-a-Code and Compliance-as-a-Code culture
* Support the development of security operations orchestration to reduce incident detection to response times
* Support IT in its ability to adopt innovative solutions and technology towards delivering a data secure environment both internally and externally
* Bachelor degree completion
* CISSP and SANS accreditations preferred
* The incumbent must be highly motivated and experienced in developing systems for detection, prevention, analysis, and threat lifecycle management of vulnerabilities (application or otherwise).
* Demonstrate strong understanding of security fundamentals
* Demonstrate a deep understanding of application security controls across multiple platforms
* Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
* Experience working in an agile service-oriented application development environment- ideally working with continuous integration/delivery pipeline platforms, micro-segmentation tools, application container security, application security test orchestration (including libraries), and security analytics automation
* Experience developing enterprise applications in Azure and/or AWS
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.