2 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Security Automation Engineer
Reporting to the Manager, CyberSecurity Development and Technology, the Security Automation Engineer will collaborate closely with our DevOps Engineering, Development, and Security Operation teams to set the vision, strategy, and plan for WestJet to harness the power of SaaS, CaaS, and PaaS to drive innovation and compliance. Utilizing strong analytical and conceptual skills to clearly understand WestJet’s business, the candidate will link the strategic and business objectives with industry best practices, to secure workloads without stifling agility and innovation. In this role, the candidate will collaborate with stakeholders across the infrastructure operations, product engineering, digital, and line of business stakeholders.
* Leverage a strong understanding of the rapidly evolving landscape of development and workload migrations to SaaS, and PaaS to advise business and technology stakeholders how to do so in a secure manner
* Design and implement DevSecOps tools and processes to continuously improve the security of WestJet’s applications and web infrastructure
* Work closely with product and platform teams to engineer and implement security controls with a focus on DevSecOps
* Implement a highly automated approach to deliver our key security management processes by exploiting investment in existing tooling and/or identify new tooling
* Develop procedures to automate security tasks during code builds and deployments
* Support integrations with platforms such as Splunk, QRadar, ThreatAnalytics, UEBA, etc
* Evaluate and recommend use of ML, AI, and data analytic services to enable action-based events and triggers
* Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable CyberSecurity Team to operate at high speed and wide scale
* Provide data gathering, analysis and reports to support decision making and the implementation of business improvement initiatives
* Act in an advisory capacity to business unit owners and technology stakeholders with respect to security best practices to enable the development of implementation, monitoring and compliance strategies
* Bachelor degree completion
* CISSP and SANS accreditiations preferred
* Experienced in developing systems for detection, prevention, analysis, and threat lifecycle management of vulnerabilities (application or otherwise)
* Demonstrate strong understanding of security fundamentals
* Demonstrate a deep understanding of application security controls across multiple platforms
* Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
* Experience working in an agile service-oriented application development environment- ideally working with continuous integration/delivery pipeline platforms, micro-segmentation tools, application container security, application security test orchestration (including libraries), and security analytics automation
* Experience developing enterprise applications in Azure and/or AWS
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.