10 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
To assist the Manager, Manufacturing Engineering to properly manage, motivate, coach, and ensure cross-training is maintained with the staff in order to provide optimal support to operations.
* Informs the Manager of Manufacturing Engineering of all pertinent activities on a regular and as needed basis to ensure the manager is aware of where he/she needs to be involved to ensure effective communication outside the department and success within the department is maintained.
* Responsible for managing sub-group(s) of engineers or engineering technicians in the Manufacturing Engineering department.
* Provides technical leadership and direction to the group in order to ensure proper and effective support is maintained on the manufacturing floor.
* Provides coaching to the group to ensure maximum output is maintained through effective motivational leadership.
* Provides disciplinary action, when required, swiftly and effectively and in accordance with OA guidelines and requirements.
* Provides necessary training to ensure that all pertinent personnel are knowledgeable in the acquisition and justification requirements of capital equipment spending and the supporting documentation required for submittal.
* Maintains knowledge in capital equipment to ensure that such purchases are for the ultimate utilization and keeping the goals in mind for delivering flexibility, less tooling, and faster cycle times for such replacement on the floor.
* Is knowledgeable in all areas of manufacturing (i.e., primary operations, grinding, honing, assembly, and clean room activities).
* Is knowledgeable of all supporting software that is required to complete operations through manufacturing and keeps up-to-date on the state-of-the-art options in software for manufacturing processes and assemblies.
* Supports Product Line Managers in their concerns for efficiencies on the manufacturing floor especially when there is a machine down situation, significant scrap situation, or other situations of primary concern.
* Is capable of displaying pro-active behavior in resolving repeating or chronic problems on the manufacturing floor.
* Works closely with Set-Up, Maintenance, and Operators in order to determine best course of action of Kaizen (improvements).
* Completes cross-training with other Section Managers in order to provide complete coverage when one is out of the office. This is a FOCUS & Development Plan requirement.
* Ensures that subordinates complete cross-training within or outside of responsible section to ensure proper coverage is maintained at all times.
* This individual may generate and/or handle regulated (i.e. hazardous/non-hazardous) waste as part of this job. This must be disposed of in accordance with federal/state regulations
* All other duties as assigned.
* Ability to lead projects and teams
* Knowledge of materials, processes and inspection methods
* Ability to communicate technical concepts to a variety of audiences
* Experience working in a manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of ASTM, ASME, ANSI/SAE specifications and standards
* 3-5 years supervisory or management experience
* Microsoft office skills required
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Tehcnical Field required; Masters degree in Engineering or Business Adminstration preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.