5 months ago
Section chief - Electrical-MIR02394
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Lead the CSeries Electrical, EMC and Pneumatic Systems Engineering team in delivering effective and timely engineering support for resolving design deficiencies, defining product improvements for Production aircraft and supporting investigation of fleet issues.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders in defining and driving the implementation of design solutions.
- Develop a high performance team to support rapid root cause identification of systems issues encountered during Production and Flight FTP.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to support the resolution of highly integrated, complex systems issues impacting the final line and service aircraft
- Establish master plans, develop metrics and institute team governance to provide accurate and relevant reporting of team performance.
- Create/enable a positive and collaborative team environment and take concrete steps/actions to keep high level of engagement within the team.
- Complete performance reviews, identify performance gaps and create effective team development, mentoring and coaching plans (PMP & PDP).
- Attend and present at management meetings; communicate information to employees in a timely manner.
- Set priorities, and manage the communication and harmonization of these priorities.
- Develop good working relationships with various departments within BA and with all Suppliers.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering Degree.
- You have a minimum of 8 years of relevant aerospace experience and technical expertise (design, development, integration, and certification) and exposure to people management and development.
- You possess knowledge of aircraft systems integration including system controllers’ integration and design, Software/Hardware certification (DO-160, DO-178, etc.), and Part 25 certification requirements.
- Possesses strong integration skills, in both system partner management and electrical system technical integration.
- You have experience in providing engineering support to the Final Line/ Production (an asset).
- You have strong communication and leadership skills, ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment, and are able to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge about Pneumatic systems is an asset.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Primary Location: CA-QC-Mirabel CSeries
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 02.02.2018, 8:32:17 PM