12 months ago
Section Chief - Avionics-TOR03695
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Be responsible for the overall leadership of the Global 5000/6000 Green Aircraft Avionics Engineering team.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Overall leadership of the Avionics Engineering team within the Global 5000/6000 Green Aircraft Engineering Department.
- Completion of annual Performance Management Process (PMP) for staff
- Ensure the professional development of individuals with the groups per their Professional Development Plans (PDP)
- Overall technical and schedule authority for the Avionics Engineering team.
- Harmonize agreed schedules and deliverables with other departments/partners
- Coordination of partner and supplier activities to ensure all technical requirements are met
- Resolve any conflicts between project commitments and functional requirements
- Provide adequate resource support to Global 5000/6000 operations and manufacturing team
- Provide professional and technical mentorship to team members
- Define manpower and resource requirements
- Provide feedback and regular updates to management
- Ensure annual department budget and resource alignment
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a University degree in Electrical, Electronics, Software, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent;
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in technical expertise (design, development, integration, certification) and people management and development.
- Familiarity and understanding of pertinent TC, FAA and EASA airworthiness regulations and requirements.
- You are proficient with the use of Microsoft Office software tools to produce presentation and reports.
- High sense of commitment and willing to accept responsibilities while acting independently in a high-pressure multi-discipline team environment.
- You have the ability to work well in a team environment.
- You have strong communication skills (written and spoken).
- This position may require occasional business travel.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 27.03.2018, 1:07:55 PM