9 months ago
The Second-In-Command (SIC) – Pilot Simulator is responsible for maintaining currency in assigned programs in order to act as “Second-In-Command” for both internal and external Customer Pilots for Recurrent, Initial or generic training courses within the established training curriculum, by performing the following duties:
* Associate's degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school preferred, or three (3) years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; equivalency years experience substitution must be in related fields.
Commercial Pilot Certificate with appropriate category, class and instrument ratings.
* Must be eligible for an ATP or have at least 1,000 hours total time.
* After Hiring, the SIC must complete the following:
* In-Processing and Orientation, as documented in the Instructor Training File (ITF)
* General and Administrative Training
* Aircraft-Specific Ground and Simulator Training
NOTE: The term “Program” can refer to the training program in its development, implementation, or evaluation stages.
Training Standards – Program Activities: (Includes Compliance with regulations and guidelines, and Quality Management System (QMS) policies and procedures; plus contributing to Lesson Planning, Current Material and Set-up)
· Act as Second-in-Command (SIC) for clients training in multi-crew aircraft who have come to training without a flying partner. In that capacity, will serve as a competent Second-in-Command and will not be performing instructional duties.
· Maintain SIC pilot qualification in accordance with the requirements of the programs to which assigned. (See Certification section) and in accordance with FlightSafety International’s Quality Management Systems (QMS) processes and procedures.
· Act as SIC in various types of aircraft for Part 142, Part 135, JAA, and non-FAA clients as required.
NOTE: Although this position performs no “instructional” duties, it is vital that all certifications are in a state of readiness so that when the Pilot customer is being trained, and/or undergoing competency testing, the testing perimeters are met in accordance with requirements from the regulatory authority(ies) governing the Customer’s training/testing.
Training Standards – Instructor Assistance Activities: (Includes Compliance with regulations and guidelines, and QMS policies and procedures)
· Under direction of the Program Manager, assist Instructor(s) in maintaining training material (various media forms) in a current state.
· Under direction of Program Manager, assist Instructor(s) in preparation of the Flight Simulator and/or briefing room 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start of the Simulator lesson and/or pre-briefing session.
· Familiarize with Customer's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Checklists, and Minimum Equipment List (MEL) during training (or prior to training sessions).
· Under direction of Program Manager, assist Instructor(s) keeping all publications used in Simulator training current.
· If career pathing toward instructor certification: Under supervision/guidance of PM/DOT attain FlightSafety International established standards of instructional delivery with corresponding levels of subject knowledge.
· Participate in Learning Center Safety Management System (SMS) activities including: supporting and promoting the safety culture, reporting all aviation safety-related issues via the feedback system, and adhering to the processes related to accomplishing SMS goals.
· Fluency in English, verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read and write
· Excellent cockpit verbal communication skills
· Excellent Crew Resource Management (CRM) skills
· Ability to interact with various Customers in a professional manner
· Ability to adapt to changing schedules and high-pressure situations
· A second language may be required in some Learning Centers to meet particular needs
· PC and/or compatible computer with printer
· Various office equipment: FAX, Copier, and Multi-line Telephone
· General knowledge of the following software: MS Office; MS Access, preferred
· Other software programs may be required, as needed.
Additional Website Text
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.