5 months ago
Employee is responsible for inspection of work performed on KC-10 Aircraft. The employee will work with other KC-10 technicians and inspectors to confirm all completed tasks meet the requirements of the FAA Part 145 repair station and are properly completed per the related task card. The employee will be expected to have knowledge of KC-10 Wide Body Aircraft heavy checks with an in depth knowledge of all systems found in this class of aircraft. Employee must be proficient in Air Force Technical manuals OEM support manuals and Technical Procedures to allow quality verification. This is not a desk job and requires mobility on and around an aircraft in maintenance status. Employee will be responsible for review of both aircraft scheduled work packages and record entries for work accomplished.
· Technical License (FAA Certification) – A&P required
· Minimum of 7 years hands-on aircraft maintenance experience. Any aviation structures and modification experience is preferred
· Minimum of 5 years recent practical experience on the KC-10 Program
· Understanding of Air Force and Aircraft manufacturers Maintenance Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogs, Structural Repair Manuals, Service Bulletins is a must
· Must understand FAA Service Bulletin, Airworthiness Directives and FAA Form 337
· Excellent written and vocal skills; ability to effectively communicate necessary
· Ability to travel, including foreign travel, while expected to be minimal, may be required
· MS Office experience (MS Project, MS Access)
Climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, extensive walking and working in tiring uncomfortable positions. May require lifting of objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. Must be able to travel to other locations requiring overnight stay.
Environmental conditions are diverse and could range from an office environment where there is no physical discomfort to an environment where inclement weather may subject individuals to severe changes in temperature, less than adequate lighting, dust and wind. On occasion individuals may be required to work in areas where high noise hazards will prevail and hearing protection is required. Office work conditions will expend approximately 10% of the candidate's time and approximately 90% will be expended in more harsh conditions.
L-3 is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Individual Contributor
: Apr 3, 2018, 11:28:54 AM
: Test And Inspection