4 months ago
* Performs a variety of activities in support of successfully arranging for delivery, assembly and distribution of parts in order to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules. Such items involve strong interface with Planners/Schedulers, Buyers, Quality, Program Management and Manufacturing personnel
* Will be empowered to communicate directly with suppliers, while maintaining respectful linkage to Purchasing Buyers and Management
* Gathers, collects, records, tracks and verifies data and information from multiple sources
* Uses software for functional area, to compile, review and analyze data to generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence and presentations
* May design processes to enhance work flow, and float from section to section to cover and across train.
* Provides data and information to others on functional unit processes and procedures
* Maintains the highest ethical and professional standards
* And all other duties as assigned.
* Associates degree preferred with 1 year of expediting experience OR High School diploma with 2 years of expediting experience.
* Must have knowledge in computer use, with experience in Microsoft Office and MRP/ERP systems preferred.
* Must have one plus years of experience serving in a similar role – which preferably spans knowledge of purchase orders, buying, working with vendors.
* Will design processes to enhance work flow, and float from section to section to cross train and cover when staffing is low.
* Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security clearance
* Must be able to work weekends, other shifts and overtime as needed
* Must adhere to company policies and procedures along with management instruction
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and Company Proprietary data
* Some travel may be required
* The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview process
Physical Work Environment: Work is generally conducted in an office or shop environment. However, duties may involve the conduct of work in the out of doors area with potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions. Work could require lifting up to 50 lbs.; stooping; prolonged standing; and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE may include but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices.
L3 is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Entry Level
: May 4, 2018, 3:17:11 PM
: Production Control