9 months ago
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Saw operators in this position setup, operate and adjust various types of power saws to cut parts and material requiring complicated layouts including complex miters, to specified lengths and dimensions. These parts and materials are later incorporated into assemblies, tools or other production support products.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Obtain work package from, ready to work rack, as delivered to work station, or assigned by lead, supervisor, or run previously set-up job by reviewing tie-in from prior operator.
* Review the work order (W/O) to make sure previous operations are complete and following operations are accurate.
* Obtain drawings.
* Verify that the correct quantity of parts and/or type and quantity of material were issued for the job by matching part/material numbers and quantities to W/O requirements.
* Obtain tool(s) (e.g., applied trim template, set up template).
* Check tool(s) for damage.
* Check machine for missing, loose, or damaged equipment and saw blades for cracks or missing teeth.
* Tighten and adjust equipment, replace saw blades or contact facilities to repair saw.
* Ensure that all safety features/guards are properly attached for operation.
* Check oil and coolant levels.
* Move heavy material and tools to the work area using electric stackers/man aboard lifts or pendant cranes, as required.
* Ask for assistance from co-workers as needed. Perform hand lay out to cut compound/complex miters and slots in parts and material.
* Identify shop aids and/or holding fixtures to be built and fabricate.
* Set up saw (e.g., radial arm, table, band).
* Select and install correct saw blade, clamps and blocks as required.
* Program cut length for N/C saws.
* Load part or material on saw/tool, mark/scribe cut line, clamp in place, run first part and obtain first part check from area lead.
* Run remaining parts on order, check parts periodically to ensure correct configuration/length per drawing or W/O.
* Check work after completion of each operation to ensure parts are complete per tool, W/O and/or drawing and that there are no visible defects.
* Remove all sharp edges from part with a de-burring tool and/or file, as required.
* Clean parts, equipment and tools.
* Leave oral or written tie ins for following shifts.
* Maintain personal and tool certifications.
* Contact lead, supervisor, or co-worker with questions, when assistance is needed or when any problem arises.
* Frequent standing.
* Occasional walking, carrying less than 10 pounds, handling, lifting less than 10 pounds, rotation of head/neck.
* Frequent contact with metals.
* Frequent exposure to noise.
* Occasional exposure to atmospheric conditions.
* Continuous use of face/eye protection.
* Frequent use of hand/arm protection, hearing protection, protective footwear.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP. This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement. High school graduate or GED preferred.
* Experience using a computer such as internet navigation, email, Microsoft Office and/or other specialized computer applications.
* Experience using precision measuring tools and equipment such as micrometers, calipers and dial indicators, etc.
* Experience reading and interpreting assembly instructions or drawings.
* Experience regulating machine speeds based on type of blades and material to be cut.
* Experience operating power saws to cut the following material: metal, wood, plastic.
* Experience in operating the following power saws: Radial Arm, Do-All, Table Saw.
* Knowledge and experience in the following hand operated and floor mounted power tools: Grinders, Cut Off Tools, Disc Sanders, Drill Motors, Band Saw, Drill Press, Punching Machines.
* Experience working with various equipment such as cranes and forklifts.
* This position requires constant standing and walking, frequent bending at the waist, twisting, pushing/pulling, occasional kneeling and crawling, and lifting and carrying up to 35 pounds.
Contingent Upon Program Award