11 months ago
The SAP IT Analyst role is both a strategic and hands on role using analytical, consulting, business knowledge, and application solution expertise to effectively integrate and implement technology solutions into the business environment. The SIA is responsible for all aspects of our SAP application, including (and not limited to) fully understanding the capabilities and limitations of the currently implemented SAP ERP (ECC 6.0) functional solution in Costa Mesa, CA as well as providing configuration and analysis support. This position will be integral for the implementation of SAP ERP (ECC 6.0) at our Grand Prairie, TX location. This position will work closely with business subject matter experts as well as others within the Safran Support Teams (in France) to ensure strong alignment between the business requirements/needs and the application solutions/services. The candidate for the SIA role is responsible for developing and delivering effective SAP specific solutions for our business including Business Intelligence gathering and reporting solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* - Provide configuration expertise and support for various modules of SAP focusing mainly in SAP OTC, PTP, STC modules for existing Costa Mesa, CA SAP solution.
* - Work collaboratively with the SAP implementation team for the Grand Prairie, TX SAP implementation.
* - Work with Business Process Owners and end users to ensure these processes are accounted for in the SAP implementation in Grand Prairie, TX.
* - Hands-on problem identification, problem resolution and problem documentation and communication.
* - Provide SAP expertise for functionality to support the organization business processes in combination with strong Business Process knowledge
* - Work with Business users across locations – collaborating closely to become a primary escalation point and local go to person for SAP
* - Assist team members and business users with problem solving related to the software application, performance and usage; lead support effort to ensure business operations are not interrupted or delayed.
* - Provide functional specifications for enhancements, interfaces, forms, and reports (RICEF) to support business requirements and/or legacy applications. Assist others to complete specifications with all aspects of SAP integration.
* - Facilitate business process and master data redesign ensuring alignment with SAP best practices.
* - Develop strong SAP user community through super-user development and knowledge sharing to keep applications aligned with the business.
* - Work closely and effectively with super-users and end-users.
* - Manage business software application issues escalation through IT tracking tools to enlist support from Safran / Safran Electronics & Defense / third parties.
* - Must communicate with Safran, Safran Electronics & Defense (France).
Education / Experience:
* - BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* - Minimum of 5-10 years of IT / Business Analyst experience
* - Minimum of 5-10 years of SAP ERP functional/Hands-on experience.
* - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Persons as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee.
* - Knowledge of SAP HANA BI reporting is plus.
* - Ability to triage and prioritize work.
* - French language is a Plus
Skills and Abilities:
* - Manage business software application projects
* - Proficient with Microsoft: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio
* - Thorough attention to detail and accuracy
* - Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Exhibits clear and concise written and verbal communication.
* - Capacity to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with multiple concurrent assignments
* - Works and communicates effectively at all organizational levels and across functional areas
* - The employee maybe required to work beyond normal working hours from time to time as the workload dictates.
* - Excellent communication and client liaison skills
* - Ability read and follow instructions in English
* - Travel (25%)
* - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
* - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
* - Work with the business to drive requirements into SAP, Kronos and other application/module/solution interface, installation, implementation, upgrades and maintenance
* - Perform user management and implementation of permissions and security policies
* - Desire to expand skills in non-SAP platform applications such as new SharePoint Forms, BI Crystal Reports, Power BI, and Analysis for Office reports
* - Briefs leadership as appropriate on situations requiring changes in resources, impacts on established policies, broad project milestones, goals, or projected timetables.
* - Must be flexible with work hours as French support personnel may only be available during early PST and/or CST times
* - Is responsible for work that involves the design, documentation, modification, testing, installation, implementation, and support of new or existing application solutions
* - Evaluates new applications and other niche software technologies.
* - Establish and execute test plans to ensure applications are performing expected results.
* - Works with vendors and inside/outside resources
* - Produce weekly status report in area of ownership, taking accountability and ownership for deliverables and commitments aligned with weekly IT meetings, change requests, projects
* - Must exercise good judgement, will have access to sensitive information
* - Must keep an organized and presentable work area
* - Must present a professional appearance and approach to customer support
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.