2 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft - our systems make modern flight possible. And by make it possible, we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our IT team is leading UTC Aerospace Systems to “empower digITal”. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, we’re working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join UTC Aerospace Systems and help us to empower digITal today!
We are searching for a forward-thinking, proactive individual, who will design systems and processes around the company's critical applications to enhance the customer experience. You will bring fresh, innovative ideas that embrace a continuous improvement culture to expand functionality and increase business value.
This role has direct impact to the key systems that touch all aspects of the company's financial, ordering, inventory, purchasing, shipping, and engineering practices. You will recommend options for updating and transforming architectures, such as SAP output and batch management, to leverage best-fit technologies that drive efficiencies. You will cultivate cross-department collaboration with technical and business leads, software and hardware vendors, and senior leadership stakeholders.
* Partner with key vendors, industry experts, and UTAS technical and business leads to assess, identify, and implement architecture design / process improvements
* Develop critical systems architecture roadmaps including SAP output, batch management and other systems
* Report status on enterprise critical systems architecture programs and assessments to key stakeholders
* Provide budgetary, resource, and project proposals / requirements to management
* Participate in health-check, break / fix, operational report activities
* Maintain an architecture design / diagram repository
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* 5 years' experience in an IT systems administration role, with knowledge about IT networks, servers, storage, databases, PCs, and applications architecture
* Knowledge of systems architecture / performance management methodologies and tools
* General knowledge of SAP technology, architecture and interfaces including SAP Batch and Output systems
* Strong oral and written communication skills with technical and non-technical personnel
* Strong Analytical thinking, technical leadership, customer focus, teamwork and innovation skills
* Strong vendor and project management skills
* Knowledge of ITIL framework and / or LEAN manufacturing tools and methodologies is preferred
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree with 4 to 7 years' experience
* Master's degree with 2 to 5 years' experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.