12 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
The Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems division of Rockwell Collins is the sole source lavatory provider for the Boeing 737 MAX program. The Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems is a cutting edge product, offering a unique value proposition that allows airlines to increase revenue and lower operational cost. Our highly dedicated team is situated next to Paine Field in Everett, Washington. From this state of the art manufacturing and engineering facility, the Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems supports its global airline customer base as well as the OEM.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Sales Proposals Manager in our Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems business located in Everett WA.
The Proposals Manager will report to the Director of Sales & Marketing and directly supervises exempt and/or nonexempt staff of engineers and specialists within a unit of Sales Engineering and Marketing. The Manager Proposals is responsible for the development and execution of elaborate and technically complex proposals for Rockwell Collins’ OEM and Airline customer base. This includes the review of technically and commercially complex documents, including customer specifications, schedules and product requirements. As part of the proposal, the incumbent establishes a deliverables strategy, generates technical documentation such as layouts of passenger accommodation (Engineering LOPAs) and leads the internal and external matrix organization to develop supporting documentation. Incumbents will have a demonstrated technical specialization in aerospace and have an in-depth understanding of aircraft interiors regulations. The incumbent has full business and technical responsibility for the results of the unit's proposal efforts, for the effectiveness of its overall integration with other units and has shown proven leadership experience in the commercial aircraft industry. In addition to the technical expertise, the incumbent has a strategic vision, strong financial understanding, marketing skills and strong business acumen, to ensure the commercial soundness of proposals generated within the team.
* Leads and manages the Proposal team to generate complex OEM and Airline Technical and Commercial Proposals.
* Reviews and analyzes airline and OEMs statements of work and requests for quotes.
* Recommends a proposal strategy and identifies desired deliverables and formats based on the customer’s business model.
* Generates and leads the internal and external matrix organizations, technical and non-technical to generate inputs towards elaborate bids.
* Oversees the effort of compiling the technical and commercial inputs required for the offering of systems and products. This includes developing technical product specification, Bill of Materials and overall weight calculations for inclusion in proposals.
* Interprets FAA and commercial aircraft manufacturers' interiors specifications.
* Acts as the technical and proposal focal for all Rockwell Collins sites to achieve a bundled Rockwell Collins retrofit STC engineering workscope definition.
* Writes and oversees the general overall technical content of the proposal including technical product descriptions and compliance matrix.
* Designs and optimizes technical aircraft reconfiguration solutions (Engineering LOPAs) in respect of the FAA airworthiness regulations.
* Acts as the technical focal for airlines, OEMs and assists in presentations to the customer to explain the proposal offering and answer technical questions.
* Develops cost estimates including non-recurring engineering, tooling, and certification testing requirements and suggests pricing strategies.
* Covers technical investigation and specification of customer requirements; development and execution of bid sales strategy.
* Supports sales team regarding technical justification on price assertions for customer driven scope changes.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four-year College or University; and a minimum of four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in an Engineering role.
* Experience generating and reviewing requests for proposals/quotes (RFP/RFQs) and experience in supplier selection.
* Professional Engineering License (previous or current).
* Must have the ability to pay high attention to detail.
* Demonstrated advanced proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Excel, Word and Project.
* Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to solve practical and conceptual problems and deal with a multitude of variables.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
* Strong financial calculations understanding and experience with cost compilation and estimation.
* Ability to travel up to 40%.
* Thorough knowledge of the FAA airworthiness regulations.
* Experience in the aerospace industry with airlines, aircraft original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) or aircraft interiors suppliers.
* Experience with a commercial airline, in the Engineering or Commercial departments with direct interaction with OEMs and suppliers
* Demonstrated design experience using CAD programs and carrying out customer layouts of passenger accommodation (LOPAs) in respect of FAA regulations.
* Proven track record of leading a group of engineers and individual associates in a dynamic, short flow environment.
* Demonstrated business acumen.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.