about 1 year ago
Sales and Marketing Manager Reports to: Director, Ground Services Department: Administration
Division: Everts Air Cargo Station: ANC
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the management and development of the Sales and Services
Departments, to include, Customer Service, Marketing and Community Relations. The Sales and
Marketing Manager will develop, and implement procedures as required to ensure that both
departments comply with company goals and objectives and are operating effectively, efficiently
Essential Functions: 1. Provides support to the Sales Manager and Service Manager to assure they have the tools to
do their job.
2. Achieves Sales and Service department personnel responsibilities by overseeing recruiting,
hiring, training, scheduling, reviewing, coaching, developing, disciplining, and terminating
3. Communicates and maintains job performance and accountability expectations throughout the
Sales and Service departments, including performance reviews of the Sales Manager and
4. Oversees compensation decisions, merit increases, promotions, labor usage, and travel
expenses within the Sales and Service departments.
5. Establishes performance level standards for all Sales and Service department communication
6. Responsible for hiring, training and managing the Sales Manager and the Service Manager.
7. Increases company revenue by ensuring customer retention practices are in place and
effective, and by increasing accounts.
8. Makes suggestions and changes to Sales and Service department processes and procedures
9. Ensures that the most efficient and customer-oriented processes and procedures are being
utilized within the Sales and Services departments.
10. Works closely with cargo operations to maximize Sales and Service potential within the
11. Directly addresses/resolves all escalated customer issues.
12. Maintains a rapport with key accounts in the Alaska market and with all line facility stations by
making periodic visits and identifying new business development opportunities.
13. Initiates and maintains the company marketing vision for Alaska’s market.
14. Determines Marketing and Sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and
evaluating advertising and sales efforts.
15. Observes and reports on competitive marketplace, promotions, offerings and competitive
rates. Proposes strategies to improve company position.
16. Oversees negotiation of rates and contracts with current and prospective customers
17. Meets Marketing objectives by preparing an annual marketing budget and scheduling travel
18. Promotes a safe and efficient work environment for all department personnel as dictated by the
company’s Safety Management System.
Additional Responsibilities: Safety Revised 2/15/11 Page 1 of 1
1. Comply with all safety aspects of your position.
2. Be familiar with the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Occupational Safety
3. Follow all Company practices and procedures.
4. Contribute to the Safety Culture of the Company and report any Safety Hazards.
5. Keep your work areas clean and free of hazards; correct unsafe conditions when encountered
and report those that you can’t personally correct to a supervisor.
1. Maintain employee vigilance and report all security concerns.
Physical Abilities: The Physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position
must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
1. Ability to reach horizontally and vertically with arms. Sufficient dexterity to manipulate small
objects and print or write legibly.
2. Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility and stamina to lift, carry, push or pull objects which
may frequently exceed 70 pounds in a series of functional tests which clearly simulates the
3. Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time.
4. Requires the ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time.
5. Shall perceive the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral
information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work
with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the
essential functions of the job.
Qualifications: 1. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and in writing.
2. BA degree in Marketing, Business, or Aviation with at least 2 years of marketing experience.
3. Held key decision-making positions for at least 7 years while leading multiple departments and
teams of at least 25 employees and managers.
4. Must have excellent computer skills with spreadsheet and word processing applications.
5. Requires occasional travel, irregular hours, weekends and holiday work.
6. Must have excellent verbal and writing skills.
7. Requires the ability to speak and train in small and large groups.
8. Must be able to maintain effective working relationship with staff, general public, professional
colleagues, and other governmental, state and local agencies.
9. Ability to maintain the confidentiality required of this position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this
employee. He or She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties
requested by his or her supervisor.
Employee Signature Date
Employee Printed Name Revised 2/15/11 Page 2 of 1