My client is a subsidiary of a global aviation engineering company, they deliver a broad range of component repair and supply chain services for Airbus, Boeing and Bombardier aircraft out of their UK facility.
They are currently looking to add to their existing staffing by employing a Sales Manager. This is an exciting new opportunity to help develop and dictate a corporate sales strategy to ensure that my client is able to continue their growth and to help develop both new and existing services. The Role
: Sales Manager
Location: STN The Opportunity:
To develop & implement Sales and Marketing strategies and relationships with airlines / customers.
- Identify new sales opportunities and develop action plan to achieve targets
- Formulate a strategic sales plan to grow the business within the assigned region covering Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Review sales performance against sales plan. Document sales activities and create summary reports
- Create sales toolkit and template for marketing
- Create awareness and educate customers on the Company’s services and offerings
- Seek and engage customers to understand customers’ long and short-term plans, requirements, ways of working and preference of services
- Identify and influence customer decision makers and buying decision criteria
- Collaborates with Operations and Engineering to create comprehensive and compelling customer proposals and offers
- To be able to deliver a proposal under tight schedule
- Develop relationship with airlines / customers and maintain regular contact with customers; develop support solutions based on inputs and requirements from customers.
- Lead sales and marketing campaign as required.
- Respond to RFP/RFI/RFQ, coordinate with all departments to prepare quotations, proposals, contracts, and interface procedures as required and maintain standard “base” document for each.
- Follow up with customers on enquires and support issues.
- Prepare financial models and business case for new proposals.
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts/agreements as required.
- Prepare/ensure accuracy of all sales invoices for contract and ad-hoc sales and that all appropriate records are maintained.
- Achieve monthly and annual performance KPI and sales target for component ad-hoc loan/exchange/sales/repair and PBH services.
- Contribute to the preparation of budgets and forecasts, in conjunction with Finance, for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Attend exhibitions, seminars and conferences as and when required.
- Take responsibility for the health and safety and training of your department
- Required to travel on demand or per arrangement with prospective customers
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following experience/skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in an aviation components environment
- Must be self-motivated with strong planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Be able to demonstrate strong negotiation skills
- Possess a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Have strong customer service and communication skills.
- Be capable of presenting sales data to other team members and management
We are only able to consider applicants that already have the rights to work & live in the UK. Sponsorship is not available for this role.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV for our evaluation.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.