3 months ago
SUMMARY: Assists in the development and maintenance of a pro-active safety culture throughout the station resulting in a safe environment for all employees, aircraft and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensures training is performed consistently and is conducive to learning.
• Serves as liaison with insurance company on both pre and post loss control in absence of Regional Safety Officer.
• Performs internal safety audit at station.
• Develops recommendations for policies and procedures manuals.
• Insures station compliance with established company safety policies and procedures.
• Reviews station safety committee minutes and respond accordingly.
• Performs statistical reporting and trend analysis at station level.
• Ensures OSHA compliance.
• Performs ad hoc station training as needed.
• Maintains information on all claims (injury and liability). Investigates as necessary.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and Motor Vehicle Report/ MVR.
• Must possess at least a High School Diploma / GED equivalent.
• Must pass a drug test/ background check and be able to obtain airport security clearance.
• Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds in confined spaces.
• Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for extended periods of time.
• Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment.
• Previous supervisor experience or related work experience with safety programs preferred.
• Valid passport is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as demonstrated in training presentations, written manuals and accident investigations.
• Possess math aptitude and analytical skills and the ability to analyze trends in accidents and injuries.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Proficient in use of personal computers and software applications is preferred.
LOCATION/SPECIFIC WORKING HOURS:
• Specific shifts to be determined
• Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations
• Some travel required
• Must be flexible to work various shifts, weekends, or irregular shifts
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer