5 months ago
Apply by Date: Mar 1, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Number of Openings
Please Note: This position may be based out of Halifax or Toronto
Purpose of Position:
To assist with the daily management of the Corporation's Safety Training programs, including development and delivery. Ensure programs comply with regulations and support corporation's philosophies of achieving excellence in safety.
Develop Safety Training programs which ensure regulatory compliance and meet corporate standards.
* Work closely with Jazz departments, OSH and Corporate Safety to translate regulatory requirements into safety training and support SMS initiatives.
* Develop and deliver annual Safety training as planned.
* Assist technical groups in development of WHIMIS, and DG training programs to ensure they meet regulations.
Required to teach the following courses: Fall Restraint, Forklift, WHIMIS, Respiratory Fit, First Aid and others.
* Support an industry leading safety culture by promoting safety in the workplace.
* Assist with other training initiatives of the Learning and Development group as required.
* Provide departments with expertise and support in areas of safety.
* Perform duties in accordance with the Canada Labor Code and the Canadian Standards Association.
Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
* Other related duties as assigned.
* Preference given to candidates with previous experience or education in the areas of Adult learning and safety training.
* Previous experience in development and delivery of training programs with emphasis on Safety and Security is required.
* Preference given to candidates with knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety regulations, the Canada Labor code and the Canadian Standards Association.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Extensive travel required.
* Bilingualism (English and French) is preferred.