8 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Director, Safety, this position supports the continuous improvement of safety at Porter Airlines by performing functions related to the Safety Management System and Company Audit Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Conduct System Quality Assurance Audits to evaluate the overall effectiveness of safety-critical functions within the operation
* Audit the effectiveness of corrective action taken to remedy safety incidents and hazards
* Preparation of audit plans, checklists, sampling plans and other audit documentation related to internal (first party) audits
* Conduct thorough investigation of reported safety incidents and hazards in consultation with departmental subject matter experts, as required
* Define contributing and root causes of audit findings and/or reported safety issues using root cause analysis tools
* Develop detailed and evidence-based reports on all assigned audits and/or investigations
* Liaise with departmental managers to identify and implement the necessary corrective action to audit findings and/or safety issues reported to the Safety Management System
* Provide guidance to Departmental Safety Assurance Managers to ensure the effective conduct of SMS audits and/or investigations as required
* Adhere to all processes and procedures outlined in Porter’s SMS Manual and Audit Manual
* Serve as a Safety Ambassador and resource for all team members
* Maintain the confidentiality of organizational safety reporting systems and information acquired in the course of audit duties
* Participate in periodic departmental safety meetings
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understanding, complying with and promoting the Company Safety Policy and Non-Punitive Reporting Policy
* Any other duties as assigned
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus
* University degree and/or acceptable combination of education, training and/or related work experience
* Previous experience of working in the safety management system of a commercial airline
* Familiarity with commercial flight operations and/or aircraft maintenance operations
* Strong knowledge of safety management system requirements
* Knowledge and demonstrated experience of investigation and root cause analysis tools
* Knowledge and demonstrated experience of auditing principles, procedures and methods
* Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills; keen attention to detail
* Impartiality, integrity, tenacity, diplomacy and self-reliance are key attributes
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and internet applications
* Ability to secure and maintain restricted airport security clearance
* Must maintain a valid passport and be able to travel as required
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport
* Post Date October 27, 2017
* Reference ID 81-04-81