about 1 year ago
Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies aircraft
components by changing, removing, replacing, or upgrading aerospace vehicle
sub-components, consumables, and expendables to correct failures or implement
upgrades or modifications.
A. Follows technical data, company procedures,
and established industry processes to ensure contractual and regulatory
compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications, and
B. Performs validation and verification testing
C. Troubleshoots complex mechanical, hydraulic,
and pneumatic systems to isolate mechanical or other faults and repairs
D. The ability to work with structural and
composite components a plus.
E. Has the ability to operate shop equipment to
disassemble, troubleshoot, inspect, and repair aircraft components and
F. Support the configuration of aircraft components
and bench test equipment as required.
G. Assists more experienced employees to
understand problems; develops and sustains productive customer
* High school diploma or equivalent. FAA Airframe & Powerplant license is preferred.
* <1 years aircraft maintenance experience required. Knowledge of aircraft/helicopter maintenance preferred.
* Adaptability – Generally understands changes in own and others’ work-group tasks and situations as well as the logic or basis for change; generally seeks information about changes affecting own and fellow employees’ job. Treats changes and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth; focuses on the beneficial aspects of change; speaks positively about the change to work group members.
* Communication – Generally clarifies purpose and importance; follows a logical sequence. Usually keeps the audience engaged through use of techniques such as analogies, illustrations, humor, and voice inflection. Generally seeks input from audience. Accurately interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
* Continuous Improvement – Reviews a variety of processes to identify gaps between requirements and current outputs within own and occasionally within other work groups. Identifies potential conditions and effects. Generates and tests ideas for solutions. Reviews impact.
* Customer focus – Considers customers and their needs when performing routine tasks. Assists more experienced employees to understand problems; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: ABLE
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 03/13/2018, 6:35:45 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.