9 months ago
Title: Robotic machine operator (plasma) - Unionized environment
Request Number: SCR
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: St-Hubert (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 9567-Surface Treatments
Division: Customer Service
Sector: Service Center
Posting Start Date: 2017-10-03
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: - The successful candidate will be required to work from drawings, working methods, sketches or verbal instructions, regarding the equipment and methods to be used, in order to set, operate and adjust conventional machine tools or numerical control machines to machine new engine parts and repair used or new parts
- The machinist is responsible for performing visual and dimensional inspections of parts using precision measuring instruments such as jigs and CMMs, and keeping the relevant logbooks up to date
- Performs tasks on in-process machined parts
- Washes, stores, packages and moves parts, while ensuring that standards and specifications are met
- Performs routine maintenance to ensure that fluid levels are correct, filters are clean and that the general condition of the machine complies with the checklist etc.
- Works as part of a team, but must be able to work with a high level of autonomy. Participates in training and shares knowledge with team mates
- Organizes and keeps the workstation in order and respects our high standards regarding occupational health and safety
Specific responsibilities of position: - Prepare and adjust parts and equipment in order to apply protective coatings or rebuild a surface based on varied and complex drawings, rough sketches, numerical control machine programs, manufacturing processes, specifications and other verbal and written instructions.
- Use cleaning, heat treatment and other processes to remove various contaminants. Visually inspect surfaces to be rebuilt to ensure their cleanliness. Prepare surfaces by abrasion.
- Fit, install, adjust, stabilize and balance the part on the rotating table or other support required for bonding.
- Set, operate and adjust plasma spray machines to ensure the condition and compliance of equipment in order to meet the required specifications in accordance with specific coating application schedules.
- May be required to modify programming parameters.
- Must apply maintenance procedures such as blowtorch alignment, leak detection and adjustment and inspection of the injector. Bond test pieces (certain processes or certifications require laboratory verification).
- Perform deburring work such as removing excess coating, including the correction of application faults.
- Perform occasional re-bonding and corrections as necessary.
- Perform dimensional and visual inspections of parts during repairs, as specified or required, using various types of precision measuring instruments and jigs. - Update the appropriate parameter logs in order to establish efficient and stable operations using statistical process control.
- May be required to participate in developing new parts or processes for the selection of methods and tools.
- May be required to operate several machines simultaneously and in close proximity.
Qualifications required: Desired skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Interest in mechanics
• Manual skills
• Analytical mind
• Proficiency in French (oral and written) — knowledge of English an asset
• Vocational diploma (DEP) in machining techniques with vocational studies accreditation (ASP)
• Mechanical engineering skills
• Aerospace engineering skills
• The candidate will ideally have one to two years' experience
Field of studies: Aeronautics
Additional Information: Although all applications are considered, only selected candidates will be contacted. Before being invited for interview, candidates must first pass a theoretical test.
Rotating working hours. In accordance with the terms of the collective agreement in force.
Competitive vacation, benefits and salary. Are you constantly coming up with new ideas and seeking to improve your knowledge and skills? Do you like taking on technically complex challenges? There are many career opportunities available at P&WC! We would love to hear from you!
P&WC is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to promote diversity and inclusion. We will consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
The masculine pronoun is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of making the text easier to read.