6 months ago
The GMD System is the first and only operationally deployed missile defense program to defend the homeland against Long-range ballistic missile attacks. The system provides early detection and tracking during the boost phase, midcourse target discrimination, precision intercept and destruction of inbound ICBMs through force of hit-to-kill technology. As prime contractor, Boeing is designing, producing, integrating, testing and sustaining all GMD components.
Base work location is Huntsville, AL, although some travel to field sites may be required.
This position will support the Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) program's Redesigned Kill Vehicle (RKV) team by providing RF interface expertise to support design, integration, supplier interfaces and proposal efforts.
The ideal RF Communications Engineer will have the following skillset:
* Develops and validates requirements for various complex communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
* Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
* Develops architectures to integrate complex systems and components into higher level systems and platforms.
* Performs complicated trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
* Defines and conducts critical tests of various kinds to validate performance of designs to requirements.
* Manages appropriate aspects of critical supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
* Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle from manufacturing to customer use by providing guidance and support to resolve complex issues.
* Supports project management by providing coordinating development of work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and conducting appropriate reviews.
* Generates major sections of proposals to support development of new business.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
* This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
* Working knowledge of RF systems including: various antenna types, transmitters, receivers, design, test methods, spectrum analyzers, and more.
* RF Test experience, both hands on and leadership of testing
* Extensive knowledge of Telemetry systems: encryption, data rates, signal types (RS422, TTL)
* Proposal experience
* Supplier knowledge
* Link Margin analysis
* Working level MATLAB skills
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award