11 months ago
As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
The Revenue Management Operations Research (RM/OR) group drives improvements in revenue management systems by analyzing forecast and revenue data and implementing creative solutions to improve profitability. If you want to apply your analytical prowess and industry experience to build the next generation RM models/tools that will be used for years to come, this is the right job for you. A significant proportion of assignments will be the implementation of prototype solutions using programming languages such as Python and Java, statistical tools like SAS and R, and business insights. Individuals will develop a solid understanding of core airline economics and be well positioned for potential advancement.
* Candidate must have either a degree (MS or PhD) in Operations Research, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics or a related field or previous work experience in a Data Scientist position;
* An aptitude for logical analysis, problem identification, and problem solving as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required;
* The ability to learn and use computer-based tools and programming languages to implement solutions is required;
* Candidate should possess willingness to show initiative and take ownership of job responsibilities;
* Experience solving large-scale problems and familiarity with the airline industry are a plus;
* Working knowledge of SAS, R, Python, Java, or other relevant programming languages is also preferred;
Additional Locations: Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
Requisition ID: 11496
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Operations Manager, Revenue, Manager, Developer, Operations, Finance, Management, Technology