11 months ago
Responsible for maximizing passenger revenue for a geographic region within American’s network. Analysts use complex models and tools to monitor passenger demand and changes to the competitive pricing environment. Analysts are expected to develop in depth understanding of the marketplace and develop yield and pricing strategies to drive a competitive advantage for American. We are looking for team members who will drive innovation and evolution within our business as we adapt to a highly competitive environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Manages and maximizes revenue by developing and implementing inter-departmental strategies through quantitative analysis of historical passenger demand, the competitive environment, and consumer buying behavior.
* Develops a relationship with other departments to maximize the effectiveness of projects designed to improve revenue performance for American Airlines.
* Works together with the Pricing Analysts focusing on competitive analysis to determine optimal pricing across the network and create new fare products to capitalize on changes in consumer buying habits, while the Yield Management Analysts manage each fare product line by considering passenger demand and optimize inventory for each portion of the network.
* Presents original analysis and strategies to senior management, design departmental business processes, analyze the effects of fare and inventory changes on market performance, and work on ad hoc projects related to the airline’s strategic goals.
* Leads to a thorough understanding of the core economics that drive the airline industry and position the analyst for future opportunities both within Revenue Management and other areas within the airline.
* Performs other duties as requested
* BS/BA or advanced degree with significant coursework or experience in a quantitative discipline (economics, mathematics, engineering, finance, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Demonstrated analytical skills, including the ability to assemble information, extract pertinent facts, draw logical conclusions, and present recommendations
* Interest in optimization problem-solving, economic game theory, and consumer buying behavior
* Ability to make independent judgments and decisions while taking ownership of job responsibilities
* Willingness to take calculated risks
* Ability to work well within a team environment
* Refined skills with MS Office; familiarity with software programs used in conducting quantitative analysis (Oracle, SAS, etc.)
Additional Locations: None
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Manager, Pricing, Revenue, Engineer, Developer, Management, Finance, Operations, Engineering, Technology