9 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This self-leader position exists to provide advanced technical oversight and leadership in all areas of manufacturing process technology of interest to the Company. The incumbent is expected to have a thorough understanding of the fundamental science of relevant manufacturing technologies, particularly those related to finishing of hardened components such as grinding and hard machining. This is a critical role within the Company’s Research & Development team and provides input to the long-term manufacturing strategy of the Company, ensuring that the process technology roadmap is fully aligned. In addition, this position performs as a widely-recognized manufacturing process authority and consultant in formulating and directing efforts to solve problems of exceptional difficulty and significance to the Company.
1. Provides technical consultation to the business units (BU’s) on manufacturing strategy development.
2. Interprets the long-term manufacturing strategy of the company and helps define and negotiate those process development activities that are required to support the strategy.
3. Creates and maintains a well-articulated and approved 5-year process technology roadmap and supports execution of tactics that deliver the expected value to the business.
4. Acts as an ambassador for Timken externally to the company and represents Timken at appropriate external institutions (e.g. CIRP).
5. Provides technical support to major process development tactics as well as formally leads major projects with the support of a cross-matrixed team.
6. Maintains awareness of all relevant, developing processing technologies that could be of interest to the company, raises awareness of those technologies, and provides impact assessments at the earliest opportunity.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
* In-depth knowledge of manufacturing finishing processes used in bearing production.
* Understanding of Design for Manufacturing requirements.
* Detailed knowledge of PFMEA process and analysis requirements.
* In-depth knowledge of the interactions of processes at different stages of production.
* Understanding of manufacturing costing and impact of process elements.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Strong/advanced project management skills.
* PhD in Manufacturing Technology, Engineering, or Science
* 5 years of experience in a business unit manufacturing operation
* 15 years of experience in manufacturing process development
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.