7 months ago
Reporting and Compliance Specialist (Corp)
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Reporting and Compliance Specialist (Corp)
Astronics Corporation Inc.
130 Commerce Way
East Aurora, NY 14052
Job Title: Reporting and Compliance Specialist
Department: Corporate Accounting
Reports to: Assistant Controller
Salary Grade: Associate 7
AAP Classification: Professional
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revision Date: November 13, 2017
This position will consist of analyzing data, determining the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, reviewing the reliability of financial information, and reviewing operations to ascertain that they are in line with the Company’s objectives and goals. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to contribute to all levels of the financial organization; providing insight that will govern corporate policy or helping to improve reporting processes at the business units. A professional who will take ownership of their work as well as the opportunities they identify will find the opportunity to grow with the Company.
Essential duties and responsibilities
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
· Assist in drafting and filing documents with the SEC
· Preparing and maintaining support for SEC filings
· Manage elements of the quarterly close process
· Develop reports to assist in monthly and quarterly financial analysis
· Work closely with subsidiary level to ensure accurate financial reporting
· Review financial reporting submissions for errors, omissions, and inconsistencies
· Contribute to the annual external audit by providing data and responses to audit questions
· Contribute to the preparation of technical memos to support accounting transactions and areas requiring management judgement and estimates
· Recommend improvements to internal controls surrounding financial reporting
· Provide insight on technical accounting guidance and how it may impact the business
· Assist in implementing changes to streamline and automate financial reporting systems and using technology to improve process efficiency
· Design and perform audit procedures, including assessment of process documentation
· Help identify key risks and controls, as well as initial assessment during acquisitions
· Assist in performing fieldwork in accordance with approved audit work program
· Evaluate audit findings and assist in designing remediation plans
· Perform other duties as assigned
· This position will require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
* MBA preferred 2-3 years of multi-location public company audit experience, Big 4 preferred
* CPA preferred
* Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge
* Working knowledge of auditing and financial standards and regulations
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
* Strong analytical and organizational skills
* Professional demeanor
Does not have any supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions within the organization.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Due to federal contract obligations, must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the company.
Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Possess the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands *
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and or arms to pull handles and push buttons and reach objects. Requirements may also include climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, reaching, kneeling, crouching or crawling. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As needed domestically (20-25%), international travel may be required
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.