11 months ago
Moog Inc, was founded in 1951 when Bill Moog had one product and a vision of company culture so strong that it became the foundation of the company that we are today. We operate within a culture of trust and mutual respect, allowing our engineers to collaborate and produce cutting edge technology, as well as aiding our business in the ability to share goals and achieve them together. Our lines of precision motion control technology can be seen at the forefront of military and commercial aircraft markets, space exploration, and oil and gas markets to name a few.
Moog Aircraft Group is looking for a Repair Station Technician for 3rd Shift!
Your responsibilities will include…
* Utilize specialized tools and engineering instructions to perform precision assembly operations on a wide variety of complex electro-mechanical components and systems.
* Understanding a variety of complex measurement equipment and specialized fixtures and gages.
* Work from drawings, work instructions, parts lists or other instruction and provide detailed written communication defining performance results and/or situational circumstances.
* Test operations, which includes setting up and performing operational tests of finished products on high precision test stands, using test equipment, fixtures and tools to attain defined performance results.
* Diagnose test failures and assess hardware condition to provide recommended rework instruction and configuration changes to achieve desired results.
* Become trained and/or certified in various processes, which support product delivery.
* Support processes include, but are not limited to, Repair/Overhaul Processing, Testing Procedures/Functions, Repairman Certification or other regulatory administrative requirement.
* You must be capable of performing one or more of these processes to reduce product cycle time and improve delivery performance.
* Collaborate with the Product Delivery Technician(s) and Engineering Technician(s) or other identified representatives, to set the example for others to follow and training as required to enhance the capabilities and knowledge of other team members.
* The training can pertain to routine daily activity information, specific process based or certification-based training, or mentoring.
* Lead and/or participate in process improvements intended to reduce costs and improve efficiency within the work area.
* Daily awareness of redundant activities and non-value added efforts form the basis for identification and implementation of process improvement initiatives.
We would like you to meet the following requirements:
High School Diploma or equivalent, plus have or be able to obtain a repairman certificate
Good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and solid understanding of team principles is required.
Ability to read and interpret technical data and drawings (blueprints, CMMs).
You must possess the personal commitment and desire to be accountable for your job performance. The ability to volunteer, willingness to learn, display a positive attitude, set a good example and positively contribute to the teaming environment is essential.
At times, you may be required to work off-shift hours for short periods of time to accommodate customer delivery schedules.
In accordance with strict Federal Aviation Agency (F.A.A.) regulations regarding Safety Sensitive Work (S.S.W.), employee enrollment & participation in the company’s "F.A.A. Drug & Alcohol Program" is a requirement for this position.