about 1 year ago
For the past 60 years Moog has developed the capability to design and manufacture the most advanced motion control and fluid flow products for both aerospace and industrial applications. Moog's high performance actuation components provide precision motion control for a variety of systems. From military and commercial aircraft to satellites and tactical missiles.
If it's got to move, Moog's team of engineers and technicians can make it happen.
Moog currently has a great opportunity for qualified technicians to join our Commercial Aftermarket Aircraft Group as a Repair Station Technician.
What your day to day will look like...
-Perform various assembly, test and process based operations on complex components, assemblies and systems supporting repair and overhaul activity within the Commercial Aftermarket Operations Team.
- Support team initiatives through the use of metrics and data to meet or exceed quality, cost, delivery performance, and continuous lean improvement goals.
1. Utilize specialized tools and engineering instructions to perform precision assembly operations on a wide variety of complex electro-mechanical components and systems.
2. Understand a variety of complex measurement equipment and specialized fixtures and gages.
3. Assembly activity utilizes a variety of mechanical and electronic measurement equipment and specialized fixtures, tooling, gauging and torque mechanisms to obtain desired build requirements.
4. Required to work from drawings, work instructions, parts lists or other instruction and provide detailed, written communication defining performance results and/or situational circumstances.
5. Test operations include setting up and performing operational tests of finished products on high precision test stands. This activity requires the use of test equipment, fixtures and tools to attain defined performance results.
6. Required to diagnose test failures and assess hardware condition to provide recommended rework instruction and configuration changes to achieve desired results.
7. The incumbent is trained and/or certified in various processes, which support product delivery. Support processes include, but are not limited to, Repair/Overhaul Processing, Testing Procedures/Functions, Repairman Certification or other regulatory administrative requirement.
8. Must be capable of performing one or more of these processes to reduce product cycle time and improve delivery performance.
9. Collaborates with the Product Delivery Technician(s) and Engineering Technician(s) or other identified representatives, to set the example for others to follow and training as required to enhance the capabilities and knowledge of other team members. The training can pertain to routine daily activity information, specific process based or certification-based training, or mentoring.
10. Monitor and react to team performance metrics; understand and support team and company initiatives; as well as participate in peer evaluation process. The ability to volunteer, willingness to learn, display a positive attitude, set a good example and positively contribute to the teaming environment is essential.
11. Lead and/or participate in process improvements intended to reduce costs and improve efficiency within the work area.
12. Maintaining daily awareness of redundant activities and non-value added efforts form the basis for identification and implementation of process improvement initiatives.
13. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to travel to customer facilities, or other Moog locations, to service or support Moog hardware.
14. At times, he/she may be required to work off-shift hours for short periods of time to accommodate customer delivery schedules.
Qualifications and skills you'll need to bring to your new role…
* Must have a two year degree.
* Must have a High School Diploma (or equivalent) AND four years of relevant experience.
* Must be able to obtain repairman certificate.
* Must be able to perform various assembly and test functions in support of product delivery requirements.
* Ability to read and interpret technical data and drawings (blueprints, CMMs) is required.
* Must be able to pass technical assessment & behavioral interview.
* Good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and solid understanding of team principles are required.
* Must possess the personal commitment and desire to be accountable for his/her job performance.
* "In accordance with strict Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) regulations regarding Safety Sensitive work (SSW) employee enrollment & participation in the company's "FAA Drug & Alcohol Program" is a requirement for this position."
Per FAA Regulations Part 65 sub-chapter D Eligibility Requirements: General
(a) to be eligible for a repairman certificate a person must -
(1) be 18 years of age, (2) be specifically qualified to perform maintenance on aircraft or components thereof, appropriate to the job for which he/she is employed, (3) be employed for a specific job requiring those special qualifications by a certificated repair station, or by a certificated commercial operator or certificated air carrier, that is required by its operating certificate or approved operations specifications to provide a continuous airworthiness maintenance program according to its maintenance manuals. (4) be recommended for certification by his/her employer, to the satisfaction of the Administrator, as able to satisfactorily maintain aircraft or components, appropriate to the job for which he/she is employed. (5) have either - (5i) 18 months of practical experience in the procedures, practices, inspection methods, materials, tools, machine tools, and equipment generally used in the maintenance duties of the specific job for which the person is to be employed and certificated. (5ii) completed formal training that is acceptable to the Administrator and is specifically designed to qualify the applicant for the job on which the applicant is to be employed. (6) be able to read, write speak and understand the English language, or, in the case of an applicant who does not meet this requirement and who is employed outside the United States by a certificated repair station, a certificated U.S. commercial operator, or a certificated U.S. air carrier, described in paragraph (a)(3) of this section have this certificate endorsed "Valid only outside the United States".
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran