6 months ago
With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 49 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
College Graduate – Reliability Engineer
Parker has an excellent opportunity for a college graduate as a Reliability Engineer for our Irvine, CA location. This position provides an excellent opportunity to be an integral part of Customer Support Organization the Reliability Engineer is responsible for all reliability and maintainability activities across Parker’s Aerospace Divisions necessary to meet program requirements while participating in a formal program designed for new college graduates. The Reliability Engineer provides technical applied support to engineering programs, processes and product support. Conducts analytical evaluation of components and/or systems performance for the Aftermarket.
1. Collaborating in a team environment performs routine analytical evaluation of assigned products (e.g. new mechanical or electromechanical components, subsystems, and systems) by applying engineering principles and company standards.
2. Completes defined technical tasks. Develops reports and documentation in response to technical information requests.
3. Adopts lean product development and standard engineering development and techniques.
4. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and/or participating in professional associations.
5. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities. Contributes and supports other teams or individuals as needed.
6. Perform reliability performance analyses including warranty guarantees; Mean Time Before Unscheduled Removal (MTBUR); Mean Time Before Failure (MTBF); Failure Modes, Effects and Critical Analysis (FMECA); No Fault Found (NFF) and overall performance trends.
7. Evaluate and summarize large quantities of data to support technical discussions.
8. Support and present Reliability Performance Reports and Findings at Customers’ Program Reviews.
9. Collaborate with Engineering, Program Management and Business Development to support Product Improvement and Retrofit (PI&R) initiatives with technically sounded Reliability analyses.
• GPA must be equal to or greater than 3.0.
• Working knowledge of Word, Power Point and Excel; excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong collaborator.
• Bachelor degree (BS) (or Professional Engineer (PE) certificate) in an engineering or science technical discipline. Professional entry level position. May have limited prior industry experience or have worked with direction in student internship programs.
• Fundamental knowledge of engineering domain principles, concepts, and techniques.
• General knowledge of industry products, customers, and related legal/regulatory requirements.
• Fundamental knowledge of and use of basic engineering design and analysis tools (e.g. computer-aided design programs). Learns and utilizes specialized engineering databases; may require programming skills.
• Develops familiarity with products and customer specifications and standards applicable to assigned product line or system.
• Ability to communicate status of technical tasks and actions taken with clarity and precision.
• Ability to work with general direction and instruction regarding the scope of assignments; determines the priority and order of assignments; and applies judgment in selecting procedures and techniques.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals and reports. Ability to present findings and information in both formal meetings and informally within and across Parker teams.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID # 8241 A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor