8 months ago
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-CATO01664685
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in Toronto, Ontario you will deliver a higher level of fleet reliability and availability through the introduction and development of maintenance prevention processes and engineering practices. You will also Implement new concepts and proven tools that will deliver higher reliability and performance. You will develop and deliver solutions that will realize improvements in fleet availability of Rail vehicles. You also will develop standardized KPIs to evaluate the fleet’s performance and recommend improvements and you will improve the uptime and productive capacity of critical equipment using formalized problem-solving techniques.
In your role you will:
- Implement agreed methods for standardized gathering and analysis of vehicle performance and reliability data using well defined engineering techniques, practices and processes. Assist in the Tracking of O&M site performance based on defined KPIs. Prepare consolidated reports on what actions should be taken to drive a higher level of vehicle reliability and improved asset utilization;
- Use failure analyst’s data and results and undertake engineering investigations of rail vehicles, associated equipment and components focusing on the design, maintenance, materials and training with the aim of delivering improved fleet safety, reliability and performance, lower operating costs, improved asset availability, and enhanced product quality;
- Develop and introduce standardized failure reporting and analysis methods and work procedures. Identify and evaluate special equipment and innovative practices to improve performance and optimize asset availability. Perform risk/safety analysis and prepare detailed technical reports to support initiatives and their implementation;
- Undertake Reliability Centered Maintenance reviews of existing maintenance techniques and practices to validate their effectiveness, and implement improvements as required. Identify improvements’ needs to focus on driving a higher level of reliability, optimize our maintenance programs, improve asset utilization, lower costs, and maintain the highest possible level of safety;
- Using statistical analysis to track the fleet losses and abnormally high maintenance cost assets, find practical solutions to reduce those losses or high costs. Prioritizing the losses to focus efforts on the largest/most critical opportunities.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold an Engineering Degree Mechanical or Electrical;
- You have a minimum of three (3) years as an Engineer, preferably in the Rail sector or Aerospace. Army based industrial experience is acceptable as well;
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Project, Power Point and Excel;
- You have knowledge and experience of using ERP and MRP systems;
- Your knowledge of Maximo will be considered as an asset;
- Your Knowledge of FRACAS and RCM systems will be considered as a strong asset;
- You own a sound knowledge in the execution of a variety of reliability processes, principles and tools such as RCM, FMECA, Fault Tree, Pareto Analysis, Reliability Prediction etc.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Reliability Maintainability and Safety
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downtown
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 25.05.2018, 2:13:27 PM
2 months ago
only 13 days until close
26 days ago
only 5 days until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close