Regional Representative, West (Telework)
The NBAA is seeking a Regional Representative (West) to provide oversight and implementation of initiatives focused on business aviation advocacy, influencing aviation policy, interacting with the aviation industry and working with members at local, state and regional levels. The Representative will communicate with member and non-member organizations, speak and present on behalf of NBAA and the business aviation community, and keep abreast of civic and regulatory issues, technical developments, and legislation that could impact business aviation. This role is also responsible for seeking opportunities to provide exposure and visibility for NBAA, developing effective relationships with political leaders, regulatory agencies, aviation officials and organizations, and the business aviation community locally, statewide, and regionally.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop effective relationships with federal, state, and local agencies, organizations, commissions, and authorities, including active participation as an appointed or subscribed member of selected groups when appropriate.
· Identify political and technical officials at the state level who have an influence and interest in business aviation.
· Identify and develop relationships with local and state business aviation organizations.
· Identify opportunities for NBAA staff to address the business aviation community.
· Interact, communicate, and coordinate with NBAA staff and facilitate communications between NBAA headquarters and the business aviation community.
· Communicate with NBAA members with the intent of building long-term relationships and determining the business aviation community's needs and requirements.
· Provide information to members and non-members about NBAA services, publications, and benefits.
· Provide general support with computer and peripheral related technical issues.
· Follow and administer all company policies and acts as a role model in the adherence to policies.
Skills & Abilities:
NBAA seeks candidates with a bachelor’s degree, preferably in aviation/aerospace or related, or equivalent work experience. Experience in aviation/aerospace management or similar experience in the aviation industry including pilot, dispatch, or maintenance experience is required. Qualified candidates will be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Ideal candidates will also offer FAA Private Pilot’s Certificate with instrument rating, dispatch license, or maintenance certifications. Qualified candidates should offer current residency or willingness to relocate to the West Region and contacts within the aviation industry in the West Region (NV, CA, NM, AZ).
NBAA is not currently sponsoring work visas or transfers. Green Card or citizenship required. NBAA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.