10 months ago
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Perform First and Second Level preventive and corrective painting and refinishing on aircraft and components.This will include, but not be limited to, the inspection, removal, cleaning, touch up and application of corrosion preventive applications, and paint coating systems, and the shop certification (release) of finished coating systems.
* Ramp duties will include, but not be limited to, elementary tasks, marshalling, parking, towing, fueling/defueling and crash and salvage response.
* Provide chemical and hazardous material support and handling, and spill response.
* Travel and work in support of mobile repair parties.
* Attend training for trade and personnel development and for qualification/certification purposes.
* Sweep and clean hangar, shop, stores and office areas, remove all debris accumulated by tasks performed and maintain a clean, safe work area.
* Adhere to policies, procedures and directives established by the Company.
* Perform other tasks as may be required from time to time.
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental policies.Continually focusing on individual safety and the safety of others and fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety legislation.
* Must meet one of the following eligibility streams: a graduate of recognized aircraft paint/refinishing or apprenticeship program, be qualified as a Refinishing Technician with the Canadian Forces, or be a graduate of an equivalent foreign military/civilian basic trade-training program.
* Experience on type (CT114) would be an asset.
* Basic to detailed knowledge of aircraft paint systems including corrosion prevention systems.
* Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian government security clearances.
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 6S activities in your area.
* Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.