7 months ago
The Recruiter will oversee all aspects of employee sourcing and recruiting. The position reports to the HR Manager and is located in Grand Junction, CO. The Recruiter is a self-starter who can quickly learn and represent the West Star Aviation culture as well as understand the challenges faced hiring in the aviation industry. The successful candidate will be well versed recruiting in an aviation environment, preferably business aviation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Demonstrate ownership for the recruiting process, focus on teamwork with a positive / can-do attitude and a “how do we overcome the obstacle” mindset.
* Be a quick study and able to find solutions to hire top tier candidates that fit our culture and employment needs in a tight labor market.
* Responsible for executing the full-cycle recruiting process – job descriptions, posting, sourcing, screening, interview coordination, preparing and extending job offers, background screening, FAA/DOT drug screening and completing the onboarding process.
* Ensure all candidates are prescreened with regard to the West Star Aviation culture fit, skills, knowledge and experience.
* Schedule and coordinate interviews (both in person and via phone) based on feedback from the Hiring Manager. Alert the HR Manager if difficulty in obtaining feedback.
* Identify key partnerships in the local area or aviation industry for recruiting events or hiring opportunities and notify the HR Manager.
* Attend job fairs, university career days or other hiring events as requested.
* Develop and maintain relationships with all Hiring Managers to ensure regular communication and develop a team approach to hiring.
* Develop and maintain an active WSA Careers branded social media presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and various aviation job boards. Alert the HR Manager if any media opportunities become available.
* Track and report on recruiting metrics to include: applicants, interviews, offers, declined/hires.
* Ensure compliance with Affirmative Action Plans to include outreach efforts, diversity and inclusion in the recruiting strategy and reporting on hiring activity.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
* High School Diploma
* Associate or Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or HR
* Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a college degree.
* Minimum 5 years experience as a Recruiter, ideally in the business aviation industry.
* Power user in resume databases and search engines, such as ADP, JobVite, Monster, Dice, JSFirm, etc.,
* Proficient experience using an ATS or HRIS system, Excel or other relational data base software.
* Knowledge of Affirmative Action Plans and OFCCP compliance programs.
* Affiliation and/or membership in SHRM, or other recruiting associations preferred.
* Strong consulting & coaching skills; effective advisor to hiring managers.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with the ability to self-start, handle multiple tasks and meet established deadlines.
* The most qualified candidates will have business aviation industry experience, be familiar with aircraft maintenance, avionics and interior craftsmen hiring standards along with a solid understanding of the aviation vocabulary.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Intermediate or better skills in MS Office suite