7 months ago
The Recruiter will oversee all aspects of employee sourcing, recruiting and onboarding. The position reports to the HR Director and is located in Chattanooga, TN. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the recruiting or marketing / advertising process and be a self-starter who can quickly learn and represent the West Star Aviation culture while leading the workforce expansion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Demonstrate ownership of the recruiting process, focus on teamwork with a positive / can-do attitude.
* Be a quick study and able to find solutions to hire top tier candidates that fit our culture and employment needs.
* Responsible for executing the full-cycle recruiting process – job descriptions, posting, sourcing, screening, interview coordination, preparing and extending job offers, background screening, FAA/DOT drug screening and completing the onboarding process.
* Ensure all candidates are prescreened with regard to the West Star Aviation culture fit, skills, knowledge and experience.
* Identify key partnerships in the local area or aviation industry for recruiting events or hiring opportunities.
* Attend job fairs, university career days or other hiring events as requested.
* Develop and maintain relationships with all Hiring Managers ensuring regular communication and developing a team approach to hiring.
* Develop and maintain an active WSA Careers branded social media presence and on various aviation job boards.
* Utilize the ATS to document and track recruiting activity.
* Ensure compliance with Affirmative Action Plans to include outreach efforts, diversity and inclusion in the recruiting strategy and reporting on hiring activity.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
* High School Diploma
* Associate or Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or HR
* Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a college degree.
* 3 years experience as a Recruiter, ideally in the business aviation industry.
* Power user in resume databases and search engines.
* Strong experience using an ATS, Excel or other relational data base software.
* Knowledge of Affirmative Action Plans.
* Affiliation and/or membership in SHRM, or other recruiting associations preferred.
* Strong consulting & coaching skills; effective advisor to hiring managers.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with the ability to handle multiple job openings.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Intermediate or better skills in MS Office suite