10 months ago
Receiving Inspector I
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 55927BR Date posted 10/31/City Irvine
N2 Imaging Systems is an acknowledged leader in the design and manufacture of compact, low power, visible and infrared imaging systems used for soldier vision enhancement, targeting, and surveillance during day, night or low-visibility conditions. Our vertically integrated company, including operations and engineering staff are experienced veterans in providing low-power, lightweight solutions for capturing imagery across the spectrum. Our passion for supporting the Warfighter and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
N2 is currently seeking a highly motivated, entry level, Receiving Inspector to join our team working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. The successful candidate must be familiar with a manufacturing environment, have computer knowledge, a self-starter who pays attention to detail and accuracy and taking responsibility for his/her work.
* Perform receiving & 1st article approval of manufactured/assembly, verification of processes as required to assure drawing and material specifications for mechanical components (i.e. board, circuits, and wiring).
* Provide input to improve quality procedures. Inspection of products, material and generate Inspection Records in accordance with ISO9001 Specification.
* Ensure nonconforming material is isolated from acceptable parts and is properly documented and controlled; and in accordance with UTAS/Customer's procedures.
* Perform automated inspections and grade visually the quality of devices IAW specifications provided.
* Perform incoming inspection and lot processing using SAP.
* Perform presentation of compliant parts to operations assembly staff.
* Work with quality management and procurement to drive payment support with data collected from above inspection actions.
* Interface with personnel within manufacturing and other internal departments
* US Citizenship required.
* Minimum of 0-2 years’ experience in quality inspection and disposition.
* Minimum of 0-2 years’ in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience with Inspection and testing of Military or aerospace hardware including reviewing testing procedures and drawings required.
* Controls and Instrumentation, Manufacturing Inspection Experience, Quality, Inspection Tools, Tooling, Safety Management, Quality Focus, Judgment, Decision Making.
* Must be computer literate (comfortable accessing computer databases and entering data).
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
* Ability to work independently as well as a team player.
* Able to read basic written instructions and follow verbal instructions.
* Quick learner with strong attention to detail.
* Must have the ability to work with others in a fast-changing environment.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.