7 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
* Perform diversified receiving inspection duties to inspect all purchased bearing components, (green rings, retainer blanks, semi finish retainers, customer supplied parts, balls, rivets, shields, seals, wires) special assemblies, and other items used in the manufacture of finished bearings or related items.
* Set‑up and use all related equipment and gauges to insure compliance to print.
* Perform & document required inspections per QPP (quality planning paper work).
* Perform & document first article inspections as required.
* Maintain and keep strict and complete records (utilizing: QC5 forms, QPP on shop orders, supplier’s performance logs, priority logs and PIR system).
* Perform review of purchase order requirements to all documents received.
* Prepare documentation for MRB review (Engineering & QA review).
* Work closely with suppliers and Engineering to help resolve rejected component parts problems. May required travel to supplier’s facilities with Engineering, Quality and Purchasing to help inspect and/or train suppliers.
* Assist in training employee(s) as required, and document results on appropriate form(s) as required.
* Move product to appropriate areas upon competition.
* Keep positive traceability of product from unpack to completion.
* Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to your supervisor.
* Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
* Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
* Excellent shop math competency and the ability to quickly learn new processes, procedures, and machines/gauges.
* Exceptional attention to detail with respect to quality of work (parts and paperwork)
* The ability to work as part of a team in order to meet company and departmental goals
* Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
* The ability to read and interpret prints and in-process work instructions
* Previous experience with SAP
Hearing of Conversation Level
Both Hands Required
Both Legs Required
Operates Powered Equipment
Specific Physical Requirements:
* Must be able to safely lift 30 pounds.
* Must be able to pass a vision test.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
* Safety glasses and steel toe/slip resistant/shock resistant shoes are required at all times on the shop floor.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.