3 months ago
Boeing Defense, Space & Security is currently seeking an experienced Real-time Software Engineer (Level 3) to join The Flight Simulation F18 Development and Integration team in St. Louis, MO.
This is an exciting opportunity that will allow you to get involved with the engineering, design, and development of the F 18 Super Hornet simulator. In this role you will design, develop, integrate, and test real-time human-in-the-loop models of aircraft systems and displays, and related tools and utilities. These simulations support the development and validation of next generation avionics and sensor systems for the F18 Super Hornet and Growler aircraft.
* Working through all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
* Development of avionics models and displays necessary for concept development
* Testing, and training of Super Hornet and Growler aircraft systems
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
* The ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Security Clearance (pre-start)
* 5+ years of Software Development Experience
* Prior experience developing software in C++
* A Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, with strong math skills & software engineering emphasis
* Modeling and Simulation Software Development experience
* Knowledge of Electronic Warfare and Radar concepts and modeling
* Avionics and aircraft systems knowledge
* Experience with Windows and Visual Studio environment and tools
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award