6 months ago
Manage a staff of employees that transfer and deliver customer luggage. Supervisors must keep both the company goals and customer expectations in mind when overseeing daily operations. Responsible to meet or exceed all performance goals. Coach and provide career development to the staff. Correct non-compliant behavior and impose disciplinary action as required. Understand the corporate culture, policies and goals, and take measures to implement these into daily work routines. Manage the operational activities of the department in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Administrative duties may include daily/weekly/monthly reports. Maximize operational performance for the station by adjusting to changes in operational conditions and pro-actively solving problems. Supervise, direct and monitor personnel in the completion of their duties and make adjustments, as necessary, to ensure on-time performance and quality customer service. Provide support when employee absence affects the operation. Other duties as assigned.
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently, set and meet own deadlines
• Ability to work well with all levels of management and support staff
• Able to defuse conflicts among subordinate employees
• Familiarity with MS Office Suite
• Flexible schedule
• Motivation to succeed
• Excellent attendance record
• At least 18 years of age
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid Driver’s License
• Previous airline management experience
• Current Piedmont employee with a minimum six months of service
• Knowledge of basic airport procedures and fundamental job requirements for gate and ramp agents
• Extensive knowledge of QIK, Sabre
• Mainline and Regional experience preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Business or related field
• Airport ramp environment, subject to various weather conditions and elevated noise levels
• Work weekends, nights, holidays and/or irregular shifts
Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, lifting up to 70 pounds; provide assistance to customers with disabilities.
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and Drug Screen as required
We also require proof of High School or GED completion
Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation, family travel on the American Airlines network, medical and dental available
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Exceptional Aviators – Major Opportunities