7 months ago
Ramp Agents handle luggage, load/unload aircraft, service and clean aircraft, operate airport ground service vehicles and equipment, marshal aircraft, assist passengers with luggage, and perform other duties, as assigned. Ramp Agents work outdoors in a fast-pace, team environment and are expected to meet corporate goals for on-time departures, baggage performance, and customer satisfaction.
Starting pay at this location is $10.50 per hour.
* 18 years of age or older
* High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
* Valid Driver License (with minimal infractions)
* No DUI or DWI in the past five (5) years
* No speeding tickets 19mph or more over speed-limit within the past three (3) years
* Able to obtain an airport SIDA badge clearance
* Able to work all shifts (including nights, weekends, and holidays)
* Able to work outside in all weather conditions
* Able to lift up to 70 pounds
** Employees at this location must be able to meet requirements to obtain a Customs Seal via the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency.
* Previous airline experience
* Previous employment as a front-line customer service provider
* Basic knowledge of computer applications and programs
* Ramp Agents work in a secured area of the airport commonly referred to as the “ramp”. Employees working on the ramp are subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise
* Employees may be assigned to work irregular schedules (including nights, weekends, and holidays)
* Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 70 pounds
** All new employees must successfully complete a training program consisting of pre-course online learning, classroom training, and on-the-job training (OJT).
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and is not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities and skills required for this position. Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and Drug Screen, as required. We also require proof of High School or equivalent (GED) completion.
Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation time, family travel on American Airlines; medical, dental, and life insurance is available.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Exceptional Aviators! Major Opportunities!