about 1 year ago
Quality Control & Assurance
Job Code :
Hollywood FL US 33021
% of Travel Required :
Job Type :
Career Level :
Job Description :
For 60 years, HEICO Corporation, a NYSE traded company, has thrived by serving niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO’s high-energy culture focuses our Team Members’ on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world’s airlines and the defense industry. Our leadership approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our Team Members to perform their best. Forbes Magazine recently ranked HEICO as one of the 200 “Best Small Companies” and 200 “Hot Shot Stocks”.
HEICO Aerospace Corporation is currently looking for a Quality Systems Specialist to join our Technical Services team at our corporate location in Hollywood, FL. The position of Quality Systems Specialist on the Technical Services team will perform the Compliance Auditing function across the HEICO Parts Group (HPG) and report the outcomes to the HPG Director of Quality. This position will also drive closure to CESR’s, CSSR’s, and Technical Service Support Requests (TSSR’S). Significant interaction with BU Management and the HPG Director of Quality is required.
This is a great position for someone who loves challenges, thrives in a fast-paced environment, wants to learn about an exciting business, and be part of a successful company with potential career opportunities. HEICO Corporation offers competitive compensation, an excellent 401(k) plan, and medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop and maintain mutually trustful relationships with Business Unit personnel.
* Assess BU compliance to HPG Quality Manual and pertinent Corporate Policies through a combination of desk reviews and onsite audit activities.
* Actively and constructively engage HPG Engineering and Quality team members to ensure compliance with HPG Quality Manual and Policies and awareness of best practices.
* Drive closure of Preventive and Corrective Actions (PCA’s) arising from audit activities.
* Active participation in HPG Quality, Engineering and Purchasing councils.The aim is to ensure awareness of HPG corporate requirements, capture and flow best practices and, to the extent possible, harmonize BU implementation of these practices.
* Continually improve HPG Quality auditing tools, practices and reporting schema.
* Support HPG Director of Quality in continually improving the HPG Quality Manual and pertinent Policies to ensure compliance with Regulatory requirements, ensure alignment with business conditions and implement feedback from audit outcomes.
* Support HPG Director of Quality oversight of BU Quality Performance by providing audit metrics and closure status of CESR’s and CSSR’s.
Job Requirements :
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor’s in Science (BS) in Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university and/or combination of education and experience preferred.
* Minimum Associates Degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university and/or combination of education and experience required.
* At least 5 years product realization experience with Aerospace products. Scope should include Design, Process Development, Source Substantiation, Quality Planning and First Article Inspection reviews.
* ASQ Certified Quality Engineer certification desirable
* ASQ Certified Quality Auditor certification desirable.
* SAE AS9100 Internal Auditor certification desirable.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS OR ABILITIES
* Approachable with high level of Emotional Intelligence. Awareness of political landscapes with the ability to negotiate effectively.Organized and Detail-Oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
* Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal concurrently with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Ability to lead meetings and discussions.Good written communication skills.
* Ability to assess compliance of BU Quality System documents to HPG requirements.
* Ability to interpret requirements to verify drawing and quality requirements and determine conformance of inspection outcomes.
* FAA Orders and Policies, Advisory Circulars, Service Difficulty Reports and Airworthiness Directives: Ability to effectively interpret content to provide oversight and guidance.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat.
* Ability to become accredited in two of the following within the first 12 months of service: Certified Quality Engineer, Certified Quality Auditor,, S9100 Internal Auditor
* Must be able to travel other business units or facilities. is expected, sometimes at short notice.