3 months ago
Keyword: Quality Specialist - Maintenance
Request Number: SCR
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: St-Hubert (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 9502-Quality Management
Division: Customer Service
Sector: Service Center
Posting Start Date: 2018-05-11
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: Description of the position (including responsibilities):
We are looking for a motivated and candidate to join our quality assurance team!
The position consists of contributing to the quality assurance department by managing projects of significant complexity and multidisciplinary scope in a maintenance environment.
Specific responsibilities of position: The Quality Specialist role will consist, among other things to:
- Work actively with operations to achieve significant Cost of poor quality and Escape reductions;
- Participate in Quality clinics, SMS meetings and Management reviews;
- Perform systemic analysis to identify and reduce non-quality contributors;
- Optimize processes;
- Communicate clearly any quality related information to stakeholders and higher management;
- Be the main point of contact for businesses quality / regulatory questions;
- Team work with Quality Assurance group to align activities within a Regulated maintenance environment;
- Coordinate efforts with Central Quality Network
- The candidate could develop and mentor other employees.
Qualifications required: Required qualifications:
-Bachelor's degree with 6 to 10 years of experience, Master's degree with 4 to 7 years of experience.
-Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence effectively at all levels of the organization;
-Creative thinker with excellent problem-solving skills;
-Experience in quality audit in the aeronautical sector (an asset);
-Able to work within tight deadlines, in a constantly changing environment;
-Bilingual (English-French, spoken and written);
-Knowledge of Canadian, American, European and AS9110 (an asset).
Field of studies: Quality Assurance, Aeronautical Maintenance, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Engineering, Applied Sciences
Additional Information: Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.