6 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
The primary responsibility of the Quality Section Manager is to manage and direct the resources within the Floor Support Quality Engineering and Analyst group. The incumbent will work in the Quality department and will be responsible for training and developing direct reports to analyze and solving problems; prepare inspection plans and instructions; prepare procedures; train inspectors; perform audits; analyze quality costs; and apply fundamental statistical methods for process control in an effort to improve the overall performance of the business and ensuring the Plant KPI's are achieved. This position reports directly to the Quality Manager.
1. Ensure team direction is aligned to plant KPI's in safety, quality, delivery, cost, productivity, and morale. Perform daily administration of resource allocation, time & attendance monitoring, daily problem resolution, daily log updates, checks of shift start-up and shift-end to ensure smooth production operations.
2. Communicate regularly with teams regarding customer production requirements and key issues effecting delivery including internal/external quality, equipment status/availability, resource availability. Hold regular team huddles (meetings), 1:1’s, and frequently walk-through work areas (MBWA).
3. Ensure ongoing operator safety and a safe work environment by promptly addressing safety hazards, minimizing workplace accidents, and actively involving associates in the continuous improvement of safety.
4. Facilitate the Talent Management Process to create high-performing teams and a pipeline of ready leadership. Lead goal-setting, coaching, counseling, mentoring, and career development processes with associates. Identify training needs and assist in the delivery of associate training in order to meet customer expectations.
5. Ensure compliance with and communication of company policies and procedures. Demonstrate Timken’s core values and lead by example.
6. Participate in team efforts to establish and monitor customer relations, supports strategic planning and deployment initiatives.
7. Develop Strategic Plan for improvements to drive improvements on KPI's.
8. Assist in Regulatory, Customer, and 3rd party audits and visits.
9. Utilize resources to provide Quality departmental support to all of plant operations.
10. Ensure the effective maintenance of the AS9100 and NADCAP certification and compliance to the requirements there-in. Perform Internal Audits.
11. Become proficient at and effectively train all associates within the facility on quality procedures, quality tools and various elements of the quality system.
12. Guide the team to analyze data, develop and implement current and year-over-year scrap reduction initiatives, implementation of SPC, MSA and Gage R&R studies, and performance of PFMEA and DFMEAs.
13. Continued professional development to ensure industry standards are learned and incorporated into the Quality organization.
* Production leadership experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
* Working knowledge of safety regulations and/or OSHA requirements
* Technical aptitude and problem solving skills and the ability to train others
* Quality tool experience (TMP, FMEA, PFMEA, PPAP, Gage R&R, MSA, etc)
* Organizational and time management skills
* Strong leadership, critical thinking and communication skills (verbal & written) including the willingness and desire to lead and develop others and the ability to effectively motivate teams.
* Intermediate PC skills (MS Office including excel, databases)
* Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
* ASQ Certifications (CQIA,CQE, CQA, CQT, or CQI Preferred)
* Corrective Actions, RGM activity, source inspection failures, audits.
* Field failures, quality system failures, Quality improvement projects, Lean Initiatives.
* US Citizen or Green card holder required (munitions products)
ASSOCIATE of Manufacturing, Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent work experience is required.
BACHELOR of Manufacturing, Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent work experience is preferred.
MASTER of Manufacturing, Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent work experience is preferred.
Previous Job Experiences
Quality/Management 10+ years’ experience
General Physical Requirements
Hearing of Conversation Level
Steel toe shoes and safety glasses are required on the manufacturing floor. Additional PPE may be required.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.