about 1 year ago
Keyword: Quality Review Inspector
Request Number: OPS
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Mississauga (Ontario)
Organisational Unit: 4550-Pw300 Assembly Line - Mississauga
Sector: Engine Centre - Mississauga
Posting Start Date: 2018-03-05
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) is looking for a Quality Review Inspector for our Mississauga facility. As a Quality Review Inspector you will be part of a team that perform the second level of inspection, rework and reporting of non-conforming product. You will also act as a coach and mentor for the Quality Inspector. For this position, you need to have a minimum of five years’ experience as Quality Review Inspector, be autonomous and have good drawing interpretation skills.
Specific responsibilities of position: As a Quality Review Inspector you will have to:
• Inspect, rework and report of non-conforming product;
• Manage prioritization of production requirements with the ability to work independently in a high pressure environment;
• Be responsible for dispositioning various types of engine hardware with little or no engineering input;
• Define minor reworks of deviating hardware;
• Coach and mentor the Quality Inspectors on quality functions.
Qualifications required: • College diploma in aviation with a minimum of five years’ experience in Aerospace quality;
• Good knowledge in interpretation of technical drawings;
• Must be able to source and comprehend various processes, procedures & engineering documentation;
• Autonomy and accountability for results;
• Must be organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Good computers skills and knowledge of SAP (an asset);
• Strong command of the English language written / spoken.
Field of studies: Aeronautics, Avionics
Additional Information: • Rotating shifts schedule;
• Regular overtime;
• Regular interactions with other departments within the facility and other Canadian facilities.
You have experience in the aerospace industry? You are known for you coaching expertise? Quality review as no secrets for you? You want to work with a leader in the industry? Don’t wait and send us your résumé for the Quality Review Inspector!
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.