5 months ago
CONTINGENT UPON AWARD OF CONTRACT
• The Quality Assurance Manager must be a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Certified Inspector Authorization Mechanic, or a previously qualified Primary Quality Assurance Technician on C-130 aircraft or aircraft of similar type.
• Within the last ten years, the Quality Assurance Manager must have seven years of experience with fixed wing aircraft heavy maintenance and possess repair experience on aircraft of similar category and class of aircraft as the C-130.
• This individual will be responsible for conducting inspections of both completed and ongoing depot-level aircraft maintenance and modifications to aircraft. They must ensure compIiance with all applicable standards, specifications and quality requirements/standards. Must have expertise in inspection procedures and have experience working in M I L-Q- 9858 and IS0-9110 environments.
Bachelor's degree in a related field plus 4 years of experience in Quality management in aircraft maintenance or a related industry OR Associate's degree in related field plus 8 years of experience in Quality management in aircraft maintenance or a related industry OR High School diploma or Equivalent plus 12 years of experience in Quality management in aircraft maintenance or a related industry, 9 of which must be related exempt experience.
Must have expertise in the inspection procedures and have experience working in environments where quality systems were implemented per International Standards Organization (ISO), American National Standards Institute (ANSI)/American Society for Quality (ASQ), or a comparable higher-level non-Governmental quality system.
• Must be able to interpret technical drawings and schematics, be skilled in the use of precision measuring equipment, and knowledgeable in aviation and avionics terminology. Additionally, this person shall understand operation of fuel Lower Explosive Limit (LEL) monitors, borescopes, Zyglo NDI kits, weight/balance scales, micrometers and manometer, various gages and other related equipment.
• Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma is preferred.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work in aircraft hangar environment. Must be able to climb/board aircraft. Must be able to bend, stoop, balance, kneel, crouch, reach, grasp. Must be able to walk for long distances moving from one work site to another. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as for typing. Must be able to communicate effectively. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to lift/maneuver up to 20 pounds. Must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects or small parts. Must be able to work in extreme heat. Will be subject to noise and hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat. Subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation. Must be able to work in narrow aisles or passageways.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
: May 21, 2018, 10:59:38 PM
: Quality Assurance