6 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight! This business unit is looking for a Class 1 Line & Surface Plate Inspector to join the team.
* Makes CMM program to meet Engineering changes and/or other revision requirements.
* Writes programs for CMM’s and Outline areas.
* Performs set-up and operates all CMM’s (excluding PML).
* Works with little or no assistance and interface with engineers and customers.
* Ability to perform buy-off duties as a customer representative and the ability to use customer drawings.
* Become certified in customer buy-off (e.g. DSQR, etc.) and FAA as customer requirements permit.
* Assists in preparation and presentation of parts to customers (in customer buy-off area.)
* Thoroughly understands systems of records and disposition of work and handles this work promptly and accurately.
* Ability to perform inspection on incoming hardware for overhaul, repair or modification.
* Prepares, revises and maintains Outline Job Instruction Sheets.
* Will perform the inspection in CMM and Quality Clinics and bench inspection for engineering checks, do receiving inspection checks and over checks.
* Maintains the files for packing slips and test data in receiving inspection.
* Performs random audits of manufacturing processes, products and certified operators.
* Participates in maintenance and of audits records for certified operators and inspects non-certified operators/assemblers work.
* Assists operators with gauging set-up and assists certified operators with first piece inspection.
* Performs outline/final and FAI inspections and ability to complete documentation.
* Able to write non-conformance tags (using an electronic system) for rejects and performs preliminary review disposition of hardware rejects.
* Performs inspection of purge hardware for stockroom, RIP and bench locations.
* Provides inspection support on special programs where contractual requirements necessitate inspection to be distinct from assembly (e.g. Space Shuttle) with assistance.
* Performs Bill of Material verification for initial production and special programs (Revision Check).
* Minimum of 3 years Inspection experience in manufacturing.
* Must have good knowledge of shop mathematics including geometric tolerance inspection methods, gauge use, gauge application and calibration.
* Ability to make first piece approval.
* Must have ability to improvise set-ups and check work where standard gauging is not available nor inspection procedures established using CMM or standard measuring instruments.
* Ability to do all types surface plate, CMM and layout work required as well as conventional inspection work.
* Must be able to perform data entry operations and operate CMM’s to make accurate inspection checks with minimum assistance.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* High School Diploma/GED is required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.